I just bought 4 goslings for company to my Sebastopol

riane'smimi

Songster
9 Years
Nov 2, 2010
orange va
I bought a sebastopol that's now two weeks old.It was lonely so today I bought 4 mixed pilgrim chinese for company.They are 4 weeks old and they HATE little Gracie
sad.png

When and how can I get them to accept her? I didn't think the babies would bully each other at such a young age.
This is also my first time with geese so I don't know alot about them.

I am not an expert
smile.png

I would pull 3 of the new goslings and give them their own space while your sebastopol and the one remaining gosling have time to chill. After a week to 10 days reintroduce them. This has helped me in similar situations.

Trudi

Quote:
Good advice. Remove the three most aggressive. Gradually reintroduce the others over an extended period of time.

Another thing that has worked for me is to put them together with one group or the other inside a cage or enclosure, so they can see and communicate but not touch each other. Leave them like this for a few days, then open it up and see what happens, but stay there and make sure no one gets hurt. If that goes well, after a little while, cage them again, and repeat this process a few more times, with longer intervals.

What I've observed with various groups of birds, ducks, chickens, even quail, is they fight at first, and in a few days, everybody is fine with it.

Thanks ! it sounds like sound advise and I am going to try it. Keep your fingers crossed for me that it works
smile.png

This is my first time at giving geese a try and I really hope I can work it out.I really like them all and want them to get along .I am amazed at the speed they have at cutting grass and weeding LOL

I have also found that not all the other breeds of geese get along with eachother. My Sebbies get along just fine with my Tolouse, but were intimidated by other breeds. Maybe the Pilgrims are just to demonstrative for Sebbies? Fingers crossed for you that they all get along. Maybe also as they get older things will change?
hu.gif

Back
Top Bottom