I JUST BOUGHT A LARGE 4 X 4 INSULATED DOG HOUSE!!!!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by sandyj, Apr 26, 2009.

1. sandyj

sandyj Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 3, 2008
    St.Paul, Minnesota
    Hey Guys,
    I just bought a really nice large insulated dog house for my 6 chicks. I'm sooo excited. I can't wait. [​IMG] Will this be large enough for them. [​IMG] My husband is going to build nest boxes on the outside of the house with a lid to get the eggs out easily. He is also going to put a locking door and a small window in it. The top is removable. I'm thinking this can make good ventilation. He will also hook-up for a heat lamp in winter as it gets really cold here in the winter. He will also add a couple of roosts. Does this seem large enough for 6 chickens? 4X4 is 16 sqaure feet. Right? Is it 2 square feet per chicken? Any other ideas. They will have a large 25x10 foot run. Thanks in advance for any suggestions!!![​IMG]

sandyj

2. Feathers Acres

Feathers Acres Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2008
    Michigan
    If its insulated I dont think you'll need a heat lamp. I never use the because im afraid im going to light something on fire again. Yes that should be anough room for 6 chicks.

3. sandyj

Dec 3, 2008
    St.Paul, Minnesota
    Thanks!! [​IMG] Any other suggestions???

sandyj

4. vickie2133

vickie2133 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2009
    Corbin
    Yep, I suggest you send one of those my way lol. I was thinking of getting something like that. Can you post pics when you get it all together?

Last edited: Apr 26, 2009
  5. sandyj

Dec 3, 2008
    St.Paul, Minnesota
    I'll try to post pics when it's finished. I haven't had much luck posting pics.
    The nice thing about this house is a friend bought it for $20.00. Ya can't beat that price!!![​IMG]

sandyj

6. Ladyhawke1

Ladyhawke1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Last edited: Apr 26, 2009
  7. coffeelady3

coffeelady3 Froths Milk for Hard Cash

Jun 26, 2008
    Tacoma, WA
    Quote:AGAIN???? [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by