I just candeled my eggs

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by conny63malies, Apr 2, 2008.

1. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    I just did them this eve and i saw those spider vein thingys on about2/3 of the 32 eggs. Sadly it doesnt look like that cracky egg and the two black polish didnt make it [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 2, 2008
  2. silkieboxerluv

silkieboxerluv Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2008
    What kind of eggs are you hatching and what day are you on?

3. conny63malies

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    I got a wild mix of chickens. There are different colors of silkies, frizzles, cochins, polish and one mystery chicken egg. They are mostly bantam but for a few standard sized polish and cochin. I put them in the bator last week friday for the silkies and frizzles and the rest got in there in the late evening the same day.
    I picked more ornamental fowl as you can see. I didnt care to much about their laying abilities. But on the end of april i will get in a dozen banty ameraucanas, which i think will turn out to be EE's. My daughter picked those. After that its either geese(pilgrim or sebastopol) or button quail.

4. twigg

twigg Cooped up

Mar 2, 2008
    Tulsa
    It can be a little difficult to tell on day 6 or 7.

Try again on day 10 before you chuck any.

5. conny63malies

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    I thought i will not toss anybefore day 14 to be sure. I just candle my fav. egg every other day. It develops so awesome.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by