I just cant get into the Christmas spirit

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by redhen, Dec 10, 2008.

1. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Cancer is taking my Uncles life...they think he may not live the week..i cant even call his house because i just cant stop crying when i talk to them..He is my buddy..someone i have always looked up to in my life....and i dont want to say Good-Bye to him!....life is so hard sometimes...it really hurts!..i wont be able to call him anymore and get his advice..or even just tease him about his cooking.... He also has a dog of mine(his dog died)..and i knew he REALLY loved my border collie Willow..so, even though it killed me..i sent her to live with him...because he needed a companion...and man,,he loved that dog more than words could ever say!...they say she is staying right with him in his bed..she will not leave his side..their bond is so strong that she knows he is sick and dosent want people near him! So, Willow will also be heartbroken when he is gone (that is just killing me inside!) On top of all that i have my 95 year old me'me(his mother)..who was just told today also..(we had been trying to break it to her slowly),she is devastated...We keep telling her he will be in Heaven with pe'pe and Uncle Phil...[​IMG]..i'm sorry to be so gloomy..i'm just having a hard time right now..

2. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    [​IMG]

3. hoosier

hoosier Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]
    How far away does he live?

4. Rte.66_chicks

Rte.66_chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2008
    Kingman, AZ
    Please accept my condolences. I'm really glad that your dog brought him so much joy and comfort in the last part of his life.

Know that you are in my thoughts.

5. Cackel

Cackel Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 17, 2008
    I am so sorry, [​IMG]

6. hatchaholic

hatchaholic Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 23, 2008
    South Carolina
    [​IMG] I'm so sorry you are going through all of this. Especially during the holidays.

Your family is in my thoughts and prayers.

7. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Oh dear...I am so sorry to hear how heavy your heart is. Its hard loseing a loved one....especially around the holidays. I am sure everyone will tell you..." it gets easier with time" Well...I lost my mother last September...and so far..its Not easier. She was my best friend as well...we talked every morning over coffee. All I can tell you is...spend as much time with him as possible. You and your family have my prayers...again..I am so sorry.

8. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Hi..he is in Florida..and i am in Ma. I should have known this summer when he didnt come up(he always spends all summer up here with us), that something was wrong..(he didnt tell us the cancer was back..didnt want us to worry over him)

9. BayCityBabe

BayCityBabe Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2008
    Sorry to hear that you are having a rough time. You don't have to do Christmas. It'll be there next year & the year after.
    I will keep you in my thoughts. Please keep trying to call & visit your uncle. You won't regret trying.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    I know the feeling of it being Advent but your heart is still not there. My husband's daughter is sick with brain cancer. Keeps going in and out of the hospital. She has major cerebral palsy too, which makes treating her very complicated...

But it's okay, Christmas's come and go, but family is more important.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by