I just can't quit smiling :)

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Zahboo, Nov 15, 2009.

1. Zahboo

Zahboo Simply Stated

Feb 3, 2009
    Hope Mills, NC
    It's amazing how moods are. It's 11 at night, I should be asleep and I'm tired as a slug, but I just can't get over this good mood. I finally found out what college I want to go to, who I want to be and what I want to do and it's just 3 tons off my shoulders. I haven't posted on here in forever and I hope people don't think I'm posting to start trouble... but I'm happy, I would even say BUBBLY.

Hope everyone has a good week [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Leah that is FANTASTIC news!!!!!! [​IMG]

3. Zahboo

Zahboo Simply Stated

Feb 3, 2009
    Hope Mills, NC
    Debi! Bonjour madame! I haven't talked to you in way too long [​IMG]

4. debilorrah

Quote:I know, but it's ok - you have been busy figuring out your life. You seem so much more focused now that you are not with your dad. Congrats my dear.

5. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Congratulations on the mood.

It's always a good thing to have your life planned, to know who you are and where you are going.

Hope things continue this way, but remember, without trials we can't grow and progress.

It's the straining that builds muscle....

Living this life is a journey, not a destination.... those who find happiness on the road, make it through the rough spots.

God speed!

6. Zahboo

Zahboo Simply Stated

Feb 3, 2009
    Hope Mills, NC
    I'm a lot more organized, that's for sure.

I am positive I want to go to NC State and I'm 99 percent sure I want to be an Agriculture Educator. My FFA advisors/ag teachers have done SOOOO much for me in the past 2 years. They are inspiring. I <3 them dearly. I'm going to talk to one of them first thing in the morning and hopefully get an idea on what applications I need to get started on for scholorships. Lord knows I can't afford it without them.

7. debilorrah

Quote:Start with FAFSA and then PELL grants - they can tell you what you need to do.

8. Zahboo

Zahboo Simply Stated

Feb 3, 2009
    Hope Mills, NC
    Quote:Thanks Mahonri. I have had a share of trials. They do make you stronger. Also give you new perspectives on life, seeing it from another standpoint I guess. Many more to come I'm sure, but it's the victory at the end of the road I'm after.

9. Zahboo

Zahboo Simply Stated

Feb 3, 2009
    Hope Mills, NC
    Quote:Start with FAFSA and then PELL grants - they can tell you what you need to do.

I've hear of FAFSA, not PELL. Also, moms work has a few scholorship oppurtunities, FFA opens a lot of doors especially to an ag related career and my grandmother left behind some money, I'm just uncertain as to how much.

10. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Quote:Thanks Mahonri. I have had a share of trials. They do make you stronger. Also give you new perspectives on life, seeing it from another standpoint I guess. Many more to come I'm sure, but it's the victory at the end of the road I'm after.

Hey, you are on your way and you are happy... that's half the battle won

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by