I just can't stand it!!

rancher hicks

Free Ranging
14 Years
Feb 28, 2009
Syracuse, NY
What are we supposed to say when someone comes on and posts that a predator be it dog, fox, weasel or coon got in and killed their birds AGAIN?? What are we supposed to say?

It's happened again on another threat and I'm at a loss as to what to say. If I say what I think people get all "you're being judgmental". You bet your sweet bippy I am! I'm sick and tired of folks who expect me to go "aawww that's to bad" when they've failed to take proper precaution to protect their poor chickens.

This is what Alan Holtman of the Practical Poultry magazine has to say.

"THE FUNDAMENTAL CONCEPT THAT ALL CHICKEN KEEPERS MUST REMEMBER IS THAT YOU ARE TOTALLY RESPONSIBLE FOR THE WELFARE OF YOUR BIRDS, ALL DAY, EVERYDAY, WHATEVER THE WEATHER"

From where I sit that includes predators too.

Oh and these are not new chicken owners these are people who have been on this forum for some time.

I'm a bad person for saying something? Sometimes calling someone on the carpet is what it takes to save the lives of poor defenseless chickens.

I love this forum and I love most of the folks who are here. I offer blurbs from periodicals that I know some can't afford to HELP them. Not to show off how much I know. Much of what I do know I've learned from this Forum since the day I got chicks and needed help and found it.

Certainly we can't protect against all attacks but Lord have mercy when you know there is a problem DO SOMETHING. Even if it means sleeping in the coop. At least until you've made the necessary fixed to keep your birds safe.

Otherwise please, please, please give up keeping chickens.

If you "judge" me for being mean for writing then you're just being "judgmental".

Yours truly,

Rancher

kind of like listening to a radio station that plays a genre of music you despise.

maybe it's time for you to change the channel?

I'm sure there are many other forums on this site, that will cause you less heart burn.

Back
Top Bottom