I Just Don't Understand!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Chickie Mamma, May 9, 2009.

1. Chickie Mamma

Chickie Mamma Farmer at Heart

Apr 20, 2008
    Sherman, CT
    How come hubby can mix grout and cement but can't mix 2 cups of Aunt Jemima pancake mix with a cup of water? I think they do it on purpose! [​IMG]

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Quote:I am sure they do it on purpose. You should have seen the jello Ken made. What a mess [​IMG] This is a man that raised his two kids alone. DO NOT tell me he can't cook!!!

3. Chickie Mamma

Apr 20, 2008
    Sherman, CT
    Quote:I am sure they do it on purpose. You should have seen the jello Ken made. What a mess [​IMG] This is a man that raised his two kids alone. DO NOT tell me he can't cook!!!

[​IMG] So true! I think if anything ever happened to me, my kids would only be surviving on Hot dogs. Sad! [​IMG]

4. debilorrah

Mine are old enough now to fend for themselves, but the crestfallen looks on their faces when I tell them I am not making dinner is comical!

5. warmfuzzies

warmfuzzies Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 15, 2009
    Boondocks, Colorado
    Jello and pancakes are rocket science! What about chocolate milk?? [​IMG] And I always do it, cause I [​IMG] him....

6. debilorrah

I do too. I am the Kitchen Nazi. I don't even try to get him to it anymore. ANd Laudry is total off limits!!!!

7. Chickie Mamma

Apr 20, 2008
    Sherman, CT
    I guess its too early to teach my kids right? 8, 6 and 3 ... [​IMG]
    I give all you guys credit that can and will cook for their wives!

8. ChickensInTheNorthWoods

ChickensInTheNorthWoods Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2009
    North East CT
    Send him to cullinary school - there are quite a few of them here in CT - just be prepared to put on a few extra pounds because once he learns the joys of cooking he won't stop! Just ask my once upon a time petite wife![​IMG]

9. Chickie Mamma

Apr 20, 2008
    Sherman, CT
    Quote:Culinary school may be a little drastic, especially for him. Just the basics would be great. Eggs, toast, boxed pancakes etc. I do ALL the BBQ'ing too! A man should know how to cook on a grill right? [​IMG]

10. debilorrah

Quote:8 years old is not too young. My son was making grilled cheese and scrambled eggs at that age.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by