I Just Don't Understand

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by woodchips, Mar 7, 2012.

1. woodchips

woodchips Out Of The Brooder

Feb 7, 2011
    Jackson ga. use
    Sunday dogs killed 8 of my 24 chickens . Monday they killed about 40 of by next door neighbors chickes.My neighbor killed one dog .THe owner of the dog told animal control that he would have paided for the chickens ! But now he killed my dog ! Animal Control gave the dog owner a ticket , Because he was told 6 times to keep his dogs on his LAND .I want to see what the Judge does about this this man that thanks his dog is more important than our chickens.

2. cutechick2010

cutechick2010 Chillin' With My Peeps

Ugh, that's awful. I can't stand it when people are too dumb to figure out that YOUR animals are just as important as theirs, especially when your animals are on their own property! I am so sorry about your birds.

3. Bullitt

Bullitt Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 16, 2012
    Texas

He was told 6 times to keep his dogs on his own land? Wow!

You said one dog was killed. How many dogs does the neighbor still have? Is animal control trying to take away the other dogs?

Your neighbor was in the right when he shot the dog to stop it from killing more chickens.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2012
  4. woodchips

Feb 7, 2011
    Jackson ga. use
    The owner of the dog had two dogs but the dog that got away .Was not his dog this time. This was the first time I saw this dog. The one that got away is a big brown Bulldog So for I can not find the dog or the owner of the dog .

5. woodchips

Feb 7, 2011
    Jackson ga. use
    NO animal control is not trying to take the other dog at this time.

6. DCasper

DCasper Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2012
    Benton, KY
    Sounds like the dog owner needs more than a warning. I have the same problem on my property. I keep my dogs fenced in to protect them and to stop them from bothering others, so I don't understand other peoples dogs running loose and forcing me to fence my chickens in.

7. OldGuy43

OldGuy43 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jackson where? We can't intelligently answer your question if you keep your location a secret.[​IMG]

8. Bullitt

Bullitt Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 16, 2012
    Texas
    I did not see a question from woodchips.

9. Mattemma

Mattemma Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    Atleast the guy got a ticket. I think THAT will affect the neighbor more than any emotional pleading from you. Sorry for the loss you and your neighbor incurred.Glad you got one dog,but sounds like the dog owner finds chickens expendable.

10. OldGuy43

OldGuy43 Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:
    The title of the thread, "I Just Don't Understand" is an implied request for enlightenment.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by