I just finished building a new cabinet duck incubator

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by HickoryHollow, Dec 30, 2015.

1. HickoryHollow

HickoryHollow Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2012
    Bolivar, Ohio
    I had a GQF 5200 Sportsman and hatched a lot of chicken eggs. But when I started getting into ducks, I couldn't hatch a duck egg to save my life. I just never could get the humidity levels anywhere near where they needed to be. I finely gave up and sold the Sportsman. This winter the Bug hit me again. I really want to perfect hatching duck eggs. So......I built myself a cabinet incubator. I was inspired by the you-tube videos (I am sure most of you have watched, and if you haven't you need to!) 50 ducks in a hot tub.

I loved his hatcher and the visibility of it. That is what I based my design on. For now, the top shelf has 3 egg turners (123 egg capacity). The bottom shelf has baskets for lock down and hatching. I can add more shelves and more turners and increase capacity up to 4 times what it is now. But to do that, I will need to build another one just like this one that will be the hatcher.

Here are some pics of what I built:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. Amiga

Amiga Overrun with Runners Premium Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Southern New England
    [​IMG]

I am not a hatcher - I am impressed with the neatness and thoroughness of this. How about that!?

3. HickoryHollow

HickoryHollow Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2012
    Bolivar, Ohio
    Thanks Amiga!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by