i just fired up my GQF 1502 cabinet incubator

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by bluedog, Jan 13, 2010.

1. bluedog

bluedog Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2008
    East KY
    hmm. i know that its cold this time of year and i should wate a lill bit ..but i just fired up one of my GQF 1502 incubators . i thank ill set few eggs for a test batch [​IMG]. i have had a few days off from work and ben doing lots of reading on this site and you guys has got me wanting to hatch some chicks .. last year i lost over 300 eggs at one time win we lost power for 7 days i hope it dont happen this year. i will post back win i set the eggs. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 13, 2010
  2. chiknhut

chiknhut Chillin' With My Peeps

Congrats on having eggs to put in the bator. Good luck and I hope you have a great hatch.

3. bluedog

Jan 31, 2008
    East KY
    thanks ... the incubator seems to be runing great. but i will let it run for a day or two be for i put eggs in it .

4. Paganbird

Paganbird CrescentWood Farm

Apr 25, 2009
    Western Pa
    I love mine... it only takes about an hour to warm up and it keeps a temp so much better than the foam 'bators. Do you use a hatcher?
    I'm putting a couple batches in soon. First one will probably go in tomorrow night.
    [​IMG]

5. bluedog

Jan 31, 2008
    East KY
    hi .. no i dont have the hatcher. i wish i did i just use hatching tray in the bator [​IMG]

6. Paganbird

Paganbird CrescentWood Farm

Apr 25, 2009
    Western Pa
    Quote:LOL!
    No, don't wish you had a hatcher... it'll drive you crazy. As soon as I move one tray out of the incubator to the hatcher, I wanna put more eggs in the empty tray of the 'bator!
    It's a vicious circle!
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by