I just found out a friend of mine died 2 years ago.

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by tazcat70, Nov 4, 2009.

1. tazcat70

tazcat70 I must be crazy!

When I lived in Kentucky (I am now in Kansas) I had a friend, most likely my best friend at the time. When I moved back to Kansas we slowly drifted apart. When I went back for a visit I looked her up and we had lunch. Well today I was searching the internet and I found her obituary. I want to send a card or something just to let her family know that this world was a better place with her in it, however, I would be doing it for me. At this point I seriously doubt that the words of a person, 2 years after the fact, would mean anything to them, in fact they would probably only dredge up the heartbreak of losing her.

So I am telling you, my chicken friends, that I lost a really good friend, and that my world is a little less bright knowing that she isn't in it.

Thanks for listening.

Tonya

2. sfw2

sfw2 Global Menace

I don't know the circumstances of your friend's death, but it might well warm her family members' hearts to know that she is remembered fondly.

[​IMG]

3. Toast n Jelly

Toast n Jelly Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 29, 2007
    St.Charles, QC
    So sorry for your loss [​IMG] I too recently lost a friend that I'd kept in touch with since the age of 13 (a very long time ago) we were almost like sisters as we had none of our own.

4. AmyBella

AmyBella Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2009
    Western MA
    I think that you should send a card. It will bring comfort to you to and I am sure that her parents will appreciate your remembrance.

5. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

You could always send them a card and tell them you just found out about their loss. That happened to us (hubby & me) about a year ago. Found out the mutual friend who introduced us had died of cancer a couple years ago and we hadn't heard anything about it. We hadn't really kept in contact over the years, but we'd run into each other at cattle auctions every once in a while.

6. toletiquesbysam

toletiquesbysam Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2008
    Nebraska
    One of my co-workers son died a couple years ago and she always said she loves when people mention him, ask about him or tell her stories of him. I would send a card or letter which ever you feel comfortable with!! [​IMG]

7. clucking chicken

clucking chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 3, 2009
    [​IMG]

8. English Chick

English Chick English Mum

Jun 27, 2008
    Cheshire UK
    Quote:Totally agree..... and sorry to hear about your friend. [​IMG]

9. thechickenchick

thechickenchick Born city, Living country

Mar 8, 2008
    Eaton, Colorado
    I am so sorry for your loss, it is always hard to lose someone that has a special place in your heart, no matter how often you talk to them. I agree you should send a card even if it feels like it is just for you. I lost my parents 8 years ago. Last summer I saw a childhood friend of mine that I hadn't seen in 20 years. The first thing she said was I was stunned to hear about your parents and I want you to know I have been thinking about you. Then she shared a few memories she had of my Mom baking the best cookies etc... It warmed my heart, I think you will do the same for them by sending a card. [​IMG]

10. tazcat70

tazcat70 I must be crazy!

Thank you everyone! I will send them a card, and tell them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by