I just gave my sis chicken fever...shes getting some

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by lovemychix, Oct 25, 2008.

1. lovemychix

lovemychix Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 14, 2008
    Moulton Iowa
    Well I think my sis is going to take some of my red stars so I can make room for my new babes. She gets her eggs from me anyways and has to drive a ways to get them...plus socializing lol.....well anyways she has a great big dog kennel that has an expensive unhibited insulated house attached. I told her to take those laying hens if she wanted them....he daughter loves my chickens. They are so tame.
    Beside the point....the reason she has the kennel is because he hubby decided that he would get 2 doberman pinchers. I know I prb didn't spell that right. Well they lasted about 4 mo. until my Mom had to come kill them because they tore the neighbors dog apart about 10 feet in front of her 2 yr old son. She said she would have done it but didn't know how to shoot.....my Mom is a real hunter...lol. My mom is a real dog lover tooo....she raises big and small dogs for a living. ... but that took the cake. They had been on a killing streak for awhile my sis said...cats, rabbits, ect....
    Well I got off the subject but anyways empty home for chickens and I'm so happy they are going to a good home!!
    I couldn't offer my chickens to my Mom about them because she'd eat them.....[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    She really likes chicken!! [​IMG]
    btw....don't want to offend any dog people...just telling a true story....I know this has been a sensitive subject.

2. CATRAY44

CATRAY44 Lard Cookin Chicken Woman

I love dogs too and have 3. I would put mine down in a heart beat if they were picking up a taste for blood- expecially with children that age around. I think the reponsibility of caring for them encompases this issue as well as loving and providing for them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by