1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I JUST GOT A CALL FROM CACKLE HATCHERY

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by mtnhomechick, Jul 23, 2008.

1. mtnhomechick

mtnhomechick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2008
    Mountain Home, AR
    Wow.....I ordered 25 cornish rock x an hour ago and I just got a call from Cackle. They will mail them out tomorrow will be here the next day.

I didn't have a great customer experience the first time so in all fairness just wanted to post this.

They also said for meat birds.....it's just starter feed 21% for the whole time.......no corn....and they will be ready to process in 6 weeks. Also said no grit and plenty of space.

I am so pleased.

Hope this helps.

2. holliewould

holliewould Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2008
    Planet Earth
    Wow. I'm going for meaties in a month. Can't believe they ship out that quick. Heard pretty bad things about Cackle. Nice to hear something good about them for a change. Will you be sure to update us/me on your shipment? [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 23, 2008
  3. mmajw

mmajw Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2008
    Maine
    I think they may be too small at 6 weeks unless of course you want them small. I keep mine for 8 weeks. Good luck with them

4. mtnhomechick

Jun 27, 2008
    Mountain Home, AR
    I'll have to find out. The hatchery told me 6...I was thinking 7 or 8.

5. chickenfever

chickenfever Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2008
    Arizona
    This is reassuring news. I just ordered from Cackle and have heard some mixed reviews. It's nice to hear something good . I placed my order over the phone and they were very friendly and helpful.

6. ozark hen

ozark hen Living My Dream

Apr 4, 2007
    Mansfield, MO
    Since we live 35 miles from Cackle we do pick up only so have no experience in the shipping from them, but they are awesome in person. Very helpful.

7. Red Tie

Red Tie Chillin' With My Peeps

May 30, 2008
    Metamora, MI
    My cornish are 6 weeks old tomorrow. I weighed the big ones today with an average weight of 6.5 lbs. The roos are bigger for sure. I think I will do the biggies this weekend. I just don't need small turkeys, I have turkeys!

Jane

8. liveshopbuy

liveshopbuy New Egg

Jul 23, 2008
    I ordered Barred Rocks and Buffs in May from them.

It took over 3 weeks to get them because they were on back order.

But they were very nice chicks, I ordered pullets with jsut a few roos.

Dawn

9. mtnhomechick

Jun 27, 2008
    Mountain Home, AR
    Dawn....I had the same experience.....but the chix are wonderful.

10. liveshopbuy

liveshopbuy New Egg

Jul 23, 2008
    I just ordered some more chicks from Privett.

Would have shipped on the 6th of Aug, but wanted them all to come together and the Marans were not available to ship until the 13th.

Will let you know how these chicks are [​IMG]

they were very good priced and the shipping is already included in their prices also [​IMG]

Dawn

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by