I Just Got A New Muscovy Duck!!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by RareFeathers, Sep 19, 2010.

1. RareFeathers

RareFeathers Out Of The Brooder

Jul 24, 2010
    Tamworth, NSW
    I Was At My Local Park, Where There Is A Big Population Of Dumped Ducks. People regularly Feed them bread, So I Go By Every Now And then To Toss Them Some Layer Pellets/Scratch. so Yesterday, I was there And I Saw Some Teenagers With A Box Walking Up And Down, Then, All Of A Sudden, they take Out A Muscovy Duck, And they Tossed It In The pond, And Started Throwing Rocks At It!! I Was Shocked. So I Marched Right Over there. Once They Saw Me, They Ran. And I managed To Coax It Over Once It Went Up On The Bank. I Would've Given them A Piece Of My Mind!! So now, In An A-Frame In my Yard, I Have A White 'Scovy Duck. Her Names 'Fat Duck' Or 'Fatty' For Short. And That's Her Story, Thanks For Reading [​IMG]

James

2. Jen4

Jen4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 7, 2008
    Munfordville, KY
    Awwww... thats nice you got her. Bratty kids!

3. duckluv

duckluv Overrun With Chickens

Aug 20, 2010
    Ohio
    I hate people who do that kind of stuff!

4. Goat_Walker

Goat_Walker I Am THE Crazy Duck Lady

Jul 9, 2008
    Maryland
    GRRRRR..... stupid kids.... And im a kid! i know if i had been there i would have had trouble not chasing them down.... Im not a very nice person AT ALL if you mess with ducks.

5. RareFeathers

RareFeathers Out Of The Brooder

Jul 24, 2010
    Tamworth, NSW
    She's Doing Great. I Will try to Put Some Pictures Of her Up On A Separate Post. My Mom Wanted to get Rid Of her At first, but then She Laid An Egg, And That Managed To Convince My Mom She Was A Keeper!!

Oh, the Power Of Eggs.....

6. txcarl1258

txcarl1258 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2010
    Pleasanton
    [​IMG]

7. D'Angelo N Va.

D'Angelo N Va. Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2009
    I am very proud of you. I applaud you for your work on rescuing that poor duck from those morons. Another reason why they want to destroy the breed..ppl. are destroying themselves and their environment and they are too STUPID to know it.
    but on a positive note...I got my first muscovies also..this weekend at a Poultry swap/sale. here are some pictures.[​IMG][​IMG] their names are Hershey and Cocoa.

8. D'Angelo N Va.

D'Angelo N Va. Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2009
    Yesterday I sent pics. to a friend of mine, who immediately called me and wanted to know why I didn't buy some from her...she has over 100 and needs to get rid of some. LOL...all this time I have been looking and now I find out she has that many....ughhhhh...so needless to say I will be working faster to get the fence up around the pond and getting some more.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by