I just got married, we don't need babies for a while thank you!

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by bt03, Mar 15, 2011.

1. bt03

bt03 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2011
    Over the rainbow...
    We just got married in October and now it's time for babies. Not like you think though!! But i do have great baby news to share. our almost 20 chicks are all growing and getting ready to move into the big chick coop so that they can meet and eventually move into the big chicken coop with our first 3 opps! chickens [​IMG] My wonderful husband is about to start the outside pen & house for our 4 sweet ducklings (just because they are smelling up our room where they currently reside) [​IMG] The craziest story of all... my daughter's new cat that was "fixed" just had 4 kittens!!! [​IMG] This morning starting at 4am she went into labor and it was all smooth sailing. All of our other animals were in a frenzie [​IMG] because they must have sensed what was happening but lucky for us it was all over by 5:30. we made sure she was ok and had food and water near by so she wouldnt have to worry about being to far from her babies. The best part of the morning.... I was up early enough to make breakfast for everyone!!! [​IMG] Hope everyone enjoys their day, I know i will [​IMG]

2. coloradochick

coloradochick Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 19, 2007
    Brighton, CO
    Congrats on the marriage and the wonderful day you're having [​IMG]

3. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    What a wonderful way to start out a morning! [​IMG]

4. sfw2

sfw2 Global Menace

I'm exhausted just hearing about it all!

5. jojo54

jojo54 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2009
    BC Canada
    congrats on the new additions. Sounds like a busy household.

6. babymakes6

babymakes6 Gifted

Feb 24, 2009
    far west Ohio
    How does a "fixed" cat have babies? [​IMG] Will you be talking to the vet? [​IMG]

7. bt03

bt03 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2011
    Over the rainbow...
    I really hope that made y'alls day a little bit lighter to [​IMG]

I will be having a long conversation with the vet!!! [​IMG] I was a little upset when it first donned on me that her belly wasn't from the mice she was catching outside but i figured there was nothing we could do by that point so why not just be happy [​IMG] My DH wasn't very happy at 4 but he will be when he gets home because he is just as much a sucker for a poor animal as I am. I have succesfully found homes for them when momma decides to wean them. DD will be a little upset but it's ok, because by then our bantam eggs will have hatched and she can have chicks to play with [​IMG] Our life sometimes seems like a circus but i couldn't imagine raising a family any other way [​IMG]

8. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Next time I would suggest getting the cat spayed rather than "fixed." If it ain't broke don't fix it.[​IMG]

9. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Unless that cat has a double uterus, other than that, you certainly had a very busy household!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by