I JUST GOT ME SOME DUCKS! (need help)

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by master mallard, Mar 11, 2012.

1. master mallard

master mallard New Egg

Mar 11, 2012
    Hi there! [​IMG] I am master mallard and I love ducks i just got some and there so squeaky and they they bit me. :) So right when they get home should I put them in a box (indoor) and but a heat lamp over them?
    Thanks!

2. DonaldFan

DonaldFan Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 16, 2011
    San Diego
    Check out that link that Tahai posted. As for the biting they will get calmer as you handle them more.

3. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    [​IMG]

4. Ilovemyduckies

Ilovemyduckies Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2012
    Yes, put them in a box with a heat lamp. Try to make sure you have it at the right temperature. They will tell you when they are too hot or to cold. If it too hot, then they will avoid the light. If it is to cold, they will all huddle towards it.

5. Mum

Mum Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 23, 2011
    UK
    [​IMG]

Congrats on your new ducks; wishing you lots of happy quacking times ahead [​IMG]

6. GosfieldAcres

GosfieldAcres Out Of The Brooder

Jun 15, 2011
    Canada
    We put our new duckies in a big rubbermaid bin as they soak through a cardboard box very quickly! But I'm sure you've discovered that already.

7. Amiga

Amiga Overrun with Runners Premium Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Southern New England
    [​IMG]

Enjoy!

Please read all that you can on the forum about raising ducklings . . . watch them closely, because they can be sick or injured quickly. They can suffer if their brooder is too hot, too cold, too wet.

We would love to hear back from you how it's going. No question is too unimportant for you to ask.

And, if you can upload pictures, that would be wonderful!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by