Maryallison77

Songster
11 Years
Jul 18, 2008
Fountain, Florida
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
I am so excited about my 1st egg! I found it on Friday! It was right in the nestbox just like it is suppose to be! Yesterday I got 1 egg too! I have 16 hens and about half of them are close to laying ages. I have a good idea of who is laying them, but can't remember the type of hen she is. She is just a large plain black hen. She is suppose to have brown eggs and her egg is not exactually white. It is very small, but I just assummed is was cause she was new at this. I believe she is suppose to have normal sized eggs. I do have alot of bantam hens and I know their eggs will be smaller. Well, I am very thrilled with my chicken and their new trick--haha! We used the cute new egg in our cornbread the other night and it was sooooo yummy!
tongue.png

Hang in there! I was about to give up on eggs and now I have gotton 2. I was screaming so loud the neighbors heard me!! I was screaming EGG EGG!!!!! Woo Hoo it is a egg!!!

lol.png
congrats on the eggs!! This is so funny......how excited we get! We have 11 hens going on 20 weeks and just finally got our first egg last wednesday---I left it in there for my DW to find and she's just like a kid!<-----had the biggest smile on her face
big_smile.png
. Weve had one egg a day since, waiting for #4 today.......with any luck there will be a few
smile.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom