I just got my dream cat today

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by gaited horse, Oct 19, 2008.

1. gaited horse

gaited horse Merry Christmas!

Aug 14, 2008
    Fernley, NV
    I got sphynx cat today and i need to know what kind of ear cleaner to use on his ears. Can some one tell me were I can get a sweater for him. i will post pics later

2. texasgirl

texasgirl Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2007
    South Texas
    Most any pet stores will have small sweaters for dogs and/or cats. You can make your own out of a thick wool sock, just hold it up to the cat and measure where to cut the holes at.
    Any pet ear cleanser will be fine, it should be labeled for "cleaning and drying" the inner ears.

3. crtrlovr

crtrlovr Still chillin' with my peeps

Congratulations! I hope & trust you've done your research and know what to expect concerning this breed. Too many people think of the Sphynx as a "low-maintenance" or "Zero maintenance" cat, and this is TOTALLY not true. I hope you and your kitty share a long and healthy lifetime together!

4. gaited horse

Aug 14, 2008
    Fernley, NV
    yes crtrlovr I have done as much research as I can before okay I did all this research 5 years ago but i rembered every thing and boy these cats are not easy to keep. I rescued him. I will post the story of how I got him later tonight.

5. crtrlovr

crtrlovr Still chillin' with my peeps

bless you for rescuing a kitty & saving a life! [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. gaited horse

Aug 14, 2008
    Fernley, NV
    Here is fabio's rescue story: On satuerday night my mom, my dad and I were on craigslist and we went to on the free part and the ad title said free to good home. So we looked and it was a purebred sphynx cat FOR FREE now that is really rare. So my mom emailed and we never got a response so we started to wonder if he was still there. So when we got on craigslist this sunday morning after yardsale hunting we looked for the ad and it was still there so we called the number and he was still up for adoption so my super cool mom called and made set up a time to come see him. I thought okay cool I hope he works out so we go meet him and then we throw him in the cat carrier we brought with us and we brought him home and every one else but me thinks he is ugly then he gets all settled in and then my fat cat Lily tries to attacks him (don't worry he is not hurt real bad just a 3 or 4 scratches) so bad he empty his glands all over my moms bathroom counter. And so he comes out here after tearing up my moms bathroom because he is scarred so then after an hour or three I bring him to the litter box and water bowl in the laundry room so I left him in there and closed the door so he could be in there and calm down and he has been hiding behind the dryer for like 3 hours.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2008
  7. gaited horse

Aug 14, 2008
    Fernley, NV
    does anyone know were I can find a rescue for him

8. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

So you're wanting to get rid of him already?!

9. asher

asher Chicken Enabler Extraordinaire

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    Quote:Probably the best idea if they don't have the means or knowledge to care for him and keep him protected from other animals. *sigh*

10. lovemychix

lovemychix Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 14, 2008
    Moulton Iowa
    cool kitty!! I want to see. My hubby says no more animals....[​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by