I just got my ladies!! SO happy!!

LunaChickie

In the Brooder
Jan 26, 2016
We finally got our coop and run built so we were able to get 5 hens this weekend. One lady gave me a 7 month old (she's laying already) because she needed to downsize, and another lady needed to downsize 4. The second lady picked us out one from each breed she had. We know which breed every chicken is except for our grey one.

So since yesterday afternoon we've already had 3 eggs. WOOT!! I had to tell chicken people...you're the ones who will understand! ;)

(We're still working on our watering system, the bowls will not be staying.)

Congrats on your new flock - how exciting!!! Aren't the eggs like little gifts they leave for you!
YES! The kids are sooooo happy to go find eggs! My only regret is that we didn't do this sooner.

I just took them a really huge zucchini that was too tough to eat. They're VERY happy

I felt the same way - why didn't I do this sooner, like when my children were small. We had all kinds of critters but no chickens. My adult son was so excited he took a 1/2 day off from work to go get the chicks with me! Now the family comes over for chicken therapy time! Enjoy the memories you are making with your family.

Last edited:
Thank you! I love how often we're out there to just watch them! Outside time is way better than screentime! I might....even...love them a little!

Back
Top Bottom