I just got my phone call!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Anna_MN, Feb 19, 2012.

1. Anna_MN

Anna_MN Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 4, 2011
    Princeton, MN
    I've been waiting for this phone call for months! The baby chicks are on their way. That had to be the best phone call I've ever gotten at 4am! I will post pictures when they get here :)

2. WHAT KINDS??? Once we got a phone call at 6 am on a SCHOOL day, but 4 is worse

3. Anna_MN

Dec 4, 2011
    Princeton, MN
    In this shipment I will be getting Columbian Wyandottes, Buff Orpingtons, Easter Eggers, and Jumbo Cornish X Rocks. I have another shipment coming at the end of March that includes Welsummers, Cuckoo Marans, and Blue Andalusians.

4. blueferral

blueferral Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 15, 2012
    Simpsonville, SC
    WOW! awesome. Our chicks are shipping some time this week. The boys are excited, I'm excited, wife has empathy for us.

5. Anna_MN

Dec 4, 2011
    Princeton, MN
    I am so NOT happy right now! It has been 13 hours since my order was shipped and I have not received a phone call to come pick up the chicks at the MSP distribution center yet. I only live 4 hours from the hatchery. I called them around 11:00am to ask if they had arrived or not yet and the woman told me she was going to go check and call me back. She never called me back. I called the number she gave me about an hour ago and no one answered so I left a voicemail. I was reading in other threads about how people have been getting screwed over by the USPS because they have been slacking with their orders and such. I better get a call soon! [​IMG]

6. BlazeJester

BlazeJester Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2011
    Midway, GA
    Why order them to be shipped if you can make a weekend drive to the hatchery and make sure your chicks survive it?

7. Anna_MN

Dec 4, 2011
    Princeton, MN
    I thought of this a few days ago but it was too late. I asked them if I could come get them but they said they already processed my check card. I would have to pay a fee to get my money refunded since it was less than $10. I really regret this decision now because I know my little chicks are sitting in a warehouse somewhere waiting to come home! Praying I get a call soon- so worried about my chicks :(

8. Anna_MN

Dec 4, 2011
    Princeton, MN
    I got my phone call at 8pm. So I drove over an hour to go get them. They are all happy and healthy- no casualties!!! I'll post pictures tomorrow

9. blueferral

blueferral Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 15, 2012
    Simpsonville, SC
    GREAT! I just got my call, kids are excited. Of course, I do not live close to the hatchery. Hoping they get here before the weather is supposed to get cold again.

10. bnjrob

bnjrob Overrun With Chickens

Dec 31, 2008
    North TX
    That's terrific!!!

Just ordered our first batch of chicks. We're getting Javas and they are difficult to find - they are always gone before I find someone that has them. Fortunately the breeder is just a few hours away so I can go get them. My husband laughed at me this morning because the first thing out of my mouth was about chickens :) He says I am obsessed.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2012

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by