I just had to share!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by buzymom13, Jan 20, 2011.

1. buzymom13

buzymom13 I run the Alien Chicken Asylum

Apr 20, 2010
    [​IMG] So this is my first hatch (and has become a spectator sport w/2 of my homeschooling classes) but we started w/7 eggs and are now down to 4.

1 of our 4 remaining is DEFINITELY moving and growing WOOHOO!!!

Anyways as I'm sitting telling my DH this am about how it's going (he just came home from working overnite) I realize the how chicken math has snuck into my conversation.

Me: Well we're down to 4 eggs and if say 1 or 2 of those hatch (which would be great) then we'll have to do another hatching to see if we can do better. I mean we've learned from this first batch and all and it would be good to have more than a couple little chicks. My DH: Nodding his head. Me: After all I DID tell the kids' classes that we'd try again afte rthis with a larger set and that way we'd have a better chance of getting more than 1 that was developing and I'd like to try a couple of the white eggs again since you can see so well into them when you candle. It'd be good for the kids in the class to be able to actually see it better. My DH: smiling and nodding.

I think I've caught the fever and I have this enabling website to thank! So, THANKX!!! [​IMG]

BTW: This is chicken math or hatching fever? LOL [​IMG]

2. MuranoFarms

MuranoFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2009
    Boyers, Pa
    It's both! hatching fever causes chicken math [​IMG]
    Where are you located? I have light eggs. I would LOOOOVE to know if they are silkies or d'uccles but really don't need more of either right now! [​IMG]

3. Livinwright Farm

Livinwright Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 7, 2011
    Carroll County
    [​IMG] [​IMG] chickies chickies everywhere! [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Livinwright Farm

Livinwright Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 7, 2011
    Carroll County
    Quote:I'm in NH, can I have some too?! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. cozycritters

cozycritters Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2008
    Tucson, Arizona
    One can never have enough chickens.
    [​IMG]

6. buzymom13

buzymom13 I run the Alien Chicken Asylum

Apr 20, 2010
    MuranoFarms I am between Butler and Harrisville, PA. Off Rte 8. I commented on one of the threads you were on before but I think it got lost in the shuffle...LOL I think you're close to me.

I would LOVE to try some of your light eggs! What kind of price would you be talking? My budget is tight but I'm full fledged into hatching fever so I can try to work something out! LOL

[​IMG]

7. Tartannik

Tartannik Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2009
    Wet Argyll, Scotland
    What a great subject for home schooling, the kids must be very excited and good luck with the next lot, they are sooooooo addictive!!

8. MuranoFarms

Nov 14, 2009
    Boyers, Pa
    Quote:Oh yeah....you're close! I'm off Rt 58....if you leave Harrisville on 58, you'll hit my road right before Eau Claire. If you can come pick em up you can have em free! Keep in mind though they may be silkies, but I'm pretty sure the D'uccles are laying too so you'll probably get both.

9. MuranoFarms

Nov 14, 2009
    Boyers, Pa
    Quote:I'm in NH, can I have some too?! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Want me to send em to ya?
    [​IMG]

10. GreenGoddess

GreenGoddess Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2009
    St Pauls, NC
    Quote:That's what I keep telling DH but he don't believe me!!! [​IMG]