I just had to share....

DinosRBirds

Hunted by Moonlight
12 Years
Feb 1, 2011
Lake Huron,MI
So I wrote this essay for my local VFW in Social Studies Class. I figured you would like to see it....

Are You Proud Of Your Country?
Yes, I am proud of my country.
I am proud to be able to read and write whenever I please.
I am proud of the people who helped make this country as great as it is, and the people who will someday make it even greater.
I am proud of the everyday people who all contribute to the greatness of our country, like parents, guardians, friends, and family, who each teach me how to be a better person.
I am proud of the people who risk and sacrifice themselves everyday to keep this great country safe from harm like policemen and policewomen, firemen and paramedics, soldiers and doctors who all contribute to our well being.
I am saddened for every loss of the beautiful community I live in, and scared for every future loss.
I am concerned for the lives of everyone, no matter human or animal.
I believe everyone deserves a second chance at life.
I believe that we should all be born free citizens, and die free citizens.
I believe everyone should be proud of the progress that this country has made since it began so long ago. I know that I am proud of everything about it.
I am proud of the sacrifices made, and the sacrifices that regrettably will be made.
When I think about sacrifice, I think of soldiers and everyday heroes like firemen, policemen, and paramedics.
I think of soldiers for the sacrifices of their time their lives to keep us safe from threats and invaders, the people who defend our shores, and our lands. I am hopeful for the future, and corrected by the past.
I think of firemen, policemen, and paramedics for the sacrifices of their time and lives, and I have them to thank for my life and the lives of many others.
I’m proud of my local volunteers, who do things without being asked, just for the sake of helping others who need their help.
I remember when I was told about global warming and what it does to us, and our planet.
I immediately began to pick up the Styrofoam cups on the side of the road, becoming a small hero in my own way.
In conclusion, I state that, yes, I am extremely proud of this country I call my home, and all of the people who inhabit it.
I am extremely proud of America!

thumbsup.gif

Liked it a lot and I am sure that your parents are proud of you. Keep those feelings of pride about your country and its people and you will always be the better for it.

Back
Top Bottom