I just HAVE to share my news!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Hangin Wit My Peeps, Aug 15, 2008.

1. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    Ok, i mentioned the other day that my hatch day would be a sad one...well, the ONE and only egg (silver laced polish) that I had left out of 15 is STILL living [​IMG] it's in the air sac now (just candled it) and moving around. It's due to hatch tomorrow or the next day! I hope it makes it. It's from show quality stock and got it from my friend so I would love to try to show him/her at the fair next year. SO anyway, we decided that it COULD NOT be alone so we are heading for a wildlife park about an hour away to get a couple blue silkies! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] I had some silkies in my bator but they all died [​IMG] I wanted silkies so badly...a blue one. I called this place today and they told me they just happened to have BLUE silkie chicks! Were going in the morning to make sure we get a couple. They are not quite a week old. Should be ok for the little one in a few days. They have never been outside and have been hatched and only in their brooder so they should be healthy enough to put with the baby chick. RIGHT??? If I'm wrong let me know! I don't want to kill off my baby!

Last edited: Aug 15, 2008
  2. katrinag

katrinag Chillin' With My Peeps

Congtats on the find. They should be ok together, I would just keep an eye on them for the first couple days.

3. hatchcrazzzy

hatchcrazzzy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2007
    kemp texas
    i put day olds with week old all the time

4. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    Thanks now I feel better about putting them together [​IMG] And since neither had been outside they should both be free of sickies right? And bugs?

5. katrinag

I would double check the new ones you get just to be on the safe side that there is no bugs. But you should be good to go.

6. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    Good idea! Wouldn't think they would but you sure never know! Thanks for the idea.

7. katrinag

post pic so we can see when you get them.

8. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    I will! I'm so excited! [​IMG] [​IMG] I feel like I'm 12 again [​IMG] NOW WATCH! They will be GONE when we get there! [​IMG]

9. katrinag

Update PLEASE.

10. Three Cedars Silkies

Three Cedars Silkies Overrun With Chickens

Apr 17, 2008
    Gainesville, Fl.
    Hangin...I'm so glad you found some buddies. That is such a difficult thing when you have a lone survivor. [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by