I just lost my one week old silver laced wyandotte chick.

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by werttyy, Apr 26, 2011.

1. werttyy

werttyy Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 16, 2011
    Chicago
    Although I'm incredibly sad (because she had always been my favorite, and I thought that we had somehow bonded), I know that I have to move on. Sorry for duplicating the previous thread about her. I just really knew that something was wrong (she was chirping really loudly and getting a lot weaker) and I really really wanted to help her. What am I going to do now? She's still in the brooder with the other chicks. The other chicks are all on the other side of the crate. How should I remove her body? And to where?

2. CityChick15

CityChick15 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 30, 2011
    I am so SORRY!!! I would remove her body and throw it away in a trash can (do not bury it) [​IMG] I have had to do it twice and its never fun!! [​IMG]

3. CMV

CMV Flock Mistress

Apr 15, 2009
    Just take her out and dispose of her. She can either be thrown into the trash after being double bagged or you can bury her in your yard or in your compost pile. Make sure you bury her deep enough so nothing digs her back up.

Sorry for your loss. It happens sometimes.

4. JLS

JLS Love my feathered babies!

May 29, 2009
    Maine
    My Coop
    I'm very sorry for your loss. [​IMG] I would take her body out of the brooder right away. Then you can choose what is the best way for you to dispose of her body: bury her, put her body in a plastic bag (seal it) and put it in the trash, ect. It is heart wrenching to say the least! Again I am so sorry.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by