I just love that I can now post in this section!!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Southern28Chick, Sep 12, 2007.

1. Southern28Chick

Southern28Chick Flew The Coop

Apr 16, 2007
    I got my first egg Saturday the 8th from Boo a Barred Rock. She laid another yesterday and another today! One of my EE's, Purdy, laid her first blue egg yesterday and laid another today! That's 5 eggs in 4 days!!! I still have 21 pullets to go. They're 19 and a half weeks old.

Here's my eggs on the right with store bought on the left.
    The top row is Boo's eggs in the order they were laid and the bottom row is Purdy's eggs in the order they were laid.

[​IMG]

2. Omeletta

Omeletta Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 12, 2007
    Alberta, Canada
    Congratulations, Southern! 19 and 1/2 weeks, eh? That's wonderful! Enjoy whatever yummy dish you make for you and your man!

[​IMG]

3. Southern28Chick

Southern28Chick Flew The Coop

Apr 16, 2007
    Quote:The eggs are so small we're waiting until this weekend when we have more eggs saved up then I'll make us a great big southern breakfast.
    Homemade biscuits
    Bacon, sausage or ham steaks
    Eggs
    Homemade hashbrowns with onions
    I'm getting fatter just thinking about it. [​IMG]

4. chickengirlnm

chickengirlnm Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 4, 2007
    clovis, new mexico
    I am so glad you finally got some eggs and some really nice looking ones to. I cant wait till my americana's lay thier blue-green eggs.

give your girls a nice treat!!!

5. bigzio

bigzio Overrun With Chickens

Jan 20, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Congrats on the home grown better eggs. It's kind of funny how after a while of seeing nothing but home grown brown eggs you will need sunglasses to look at the bright white eggs!

bigzio

6. 7chickininas

7chickininas Out Of The Brooder

Sep 6, 2007
    Idaho
    Hey congrats on the eggs![​IMG]

Just curious, are the eggs supposed to be small or are they going to get big in time? Cause Oprah's eggs are small and my DH was just saying last night "the eggs are pretty small." I told him to give Oprah a break that she just started laying.

7. cheeptrick

cheeptrick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2007
    New Hampshire
    HEY...beautiful EE eggs! They are the same size and color as mine! My pullet is so proud...as I am too. NO egg today...guess she's taking a break!
    Beer is GOOD on an eggless day! [​IMG]

8. Judymae

Judymae Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2007
    Merit, Tx
    Southern28Chick-My daughter said she wants to eat at your house this weekend!!! I think she's had enough cereal for a while!

9. joanm

joanm Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2007
    [​IMG] I'm never gonna get eggs! Congrats Southern!

10. mom23chicklets

mom23chicklets Out Of The Brooder

May 31, 2007
    CT
    Store bought white eggs look so boring compared to your beauties! Congrats! I'm getting one blue-green pullet egg a day, and saving them too.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by