I just need to Ramble...

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by PineBurrowPeeps, Feb 12, 2009.

1. Yesterday I placed an order with a hatchery for 10 Salmon Favorelles, 7 Red Sex Links, and 5 Embden goslings... I then had to cancel the order almost right away because when they sent my invoice, the delivery date was WAY out there and I have a customer of my own waiting for chicks and I can't wait that long.
    I called within 2 minutes of getting my invoice via e-mail to ask them to cancle the order and they said that normally they would charge me for a cancelation but that they weren't going to because their flock of Salmon Favorelles is small and that is what the hold up is.
    Well I went to place my order with a different hatchery today that I spent all morning tracking down and calling different ones to find out who would have Salmon Favorelles the soonest. I found one, got ready to place the order and decided to check the balance of my debit card to see if the first hatchery had refunded the money yet, and lo and behold, it's still not there.
    I called the hatchery and they put me on hold for 20 minutes only to come back and tell me that they couldn't find me in their system and that they would have to call me right back.
    I waited 4 1/2 hours and heard nothing. I decided to call them back. I got the same woman who put me on hold again. Then a very snippy woman came on the phone and complained to me that I would need to give it more than 24 hours for the money to be refunded. She told me it could take up to 7 days for the money to be put back on the card! I told her that I didn't know that and that she didn't have to have an attitude about it. I then asked her why if it only took then 10 minutes to remove the money from my debit card when I placed the order, would it take up to 7 days for them to put it back?
    She stammered and had no idea what to say. I told her that it was not a credit card but a pre-paid debit card, like a gift card and that I was waiting for the money to be refunded ASAP as I need to place another chick order. I told her I would be checking the balance of the card daily for the next 7 days and that if they didn't return my $80+ I would be calling again on day 8 wanting some serious explanations. I then hung up.

I feel that all of this would have been prevented if they had a better system on their website. MM and Ideal both list on their site dates that chicks are available. This hatchery did not. Thus I went into it with blind faith. Also, unlike Ideal who I have dealt with in the past with great results, they charge you immeadiately after you place your order. Ideal charges you 2-3 days prior to your chicks shipping. If they had the dates available on their site I would have never placed the order because they mis-lead you to think they have those breeds available within the next couple of weeks. And if I had and they waited to charge you until your order was close by, it would have been a cinch to cancel because they wouldn't have charged me yet!
    And then to go and treat me like an idiot because I didn't know it could take that long (the tone of her voice and the way she said things was downright mean)... Maybe most people know that it can take a week for a refund on a card, but I didn't and if I had I wouldn't have been calling!
    I will never place an order with them again, I was not happy with their customer service.

Then later today my second choice hatchery calls me back to tell me that their chicks and goslings hatch on two different days of the week and therefor they cannot ship me less than the min. order of goslings because I will need to place two seperate orders! *pants*

I am tired.

Anyone know of a hatchery that will ship goslings with chicks at the same time?

2. ksacres

ksacres At Your Service

Nov 16, 2007
    San Antonio TX
  3. If I could go through Ideal I would. And if I absolutly cannot find anyone with Salmon's sooner I will. Ideal's are not available until at least late April, so they told me on the phone two days ago...

4. ksacres

ksacres At Your Service

Nov 16, 2007
    San Antonio TX
    I hope you can find some. A lot of hatcheries book up quickly...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by