I just ordered 12 girls from Ideal!!!

augustmomx2

Songster
11 Years
Aug 31, 2008
Central Indiana
I just ordered my first dozen of chickens from Ideal...I'm so excited I can't sit still!!
big_smile.png

Here is my order:

Silver Laced Wyandotte 2
Black Australorp 2
Ameraucanas 2
Barred Rock 2
White Plymouth Rock 2
Gold Sex Link 2

I chose the March 11th delivery date & I'm so excited to have this great site for reference. I live in a Metro area and everyone looks at me like I'm crazy for getting chickens, but I have you all to remind me that they're the crazy ones
tongue.png

Mandy

Congrats on your order. I was so happy with my first Ideal order I had to place another. They should be here tomorrow.
lol.png

I got SL Wyandottes and Black Austorlorps in my first order. They are very sweet and have started laying at around 22 weeks.

Quote:
Ugh I know. After reading all these posts lately, I have a feeling I'm going to have issues next year. Luckily our coop & run will be large enough to accomodate a "few" more
big_smile.png

Mandy

Quote:
Thanks for the info on the Wyan & Austrorlorps. The Austorlorps were a last minute decision, my dh wanted at least a dozen, so I chose them. I have read a few posts about how sweet they are...can't wait!

Quote:
Thanks for the info on the Wyan & Austrorlorps. The Austorlorps were a last minute decision, my dh wanted at least a dozen, so I chose them. I have read a few posts about how sweet they are...can't wait!

I don't have any Australorps but my mother has one at her house. If they are all like her I would take a million of them! She has more personality than any dog and most people!

Congrats on the babies!!! You are going to LOVE being a chickie momma!!!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom