I just ordered 19 Chicks from Ideal!!!

Jayare's Chicks

Songster
12 Years
Aug 25, 2007
Florence, Alabama
I just ordered 19 new little chickies from Ideal today. They will be shipped next week on the 9th and I should get them on the 10th or 11th. YEAHHHH!!!!!!

I ordered 9 BO, 5 EE, 3 SLW, 2 RIR. 2 of them are roo's- 1 BO and 1 EE.

I wanted to get a jump on them as early as possible so they are all grown up and mature by the time next winter gets here. I sometimes worry about the ones I have out in the coop right now because they are only 3 months old. I keep the red heat lamp on for them at night so they don't get too cold out there since they are so young still. I think by next winter I may not need the red heat light but just a couple of times when it gets really cold but we'll see on that.

I will update with pics when they get here because I know how EVERYONE LOVES PICS OF CHICKS.
big_smile.png

Jayare

Let the chicken season begin!
smile.png

10 of our chicks are from Ideal. They're 11 weeks old today.

Congrats on your new ones... I didn't even know you could order them this early!

I have Ideal chickens.

Just so you know, they just might add a bunch of roos for warmth this time of year. They told me when I ordered mine and had them delivered in May that I had to order 25 not to get extra roos...so I ordered 25.
big_smile.png
With 19 chicks they may not add extras, I don't know.

I ordered 13 that were shipped out Nov 5th and no extras my friend was so happy cause she was going to be the appointed momma of the extras and she really did not wanna. I just don't understand her not being addicted to her chickens like I am to mine.

Kasi

I just got my catalog from McMurray:)

Cannot wait to get mine ordered

DH kept taking catalog EVERYTIME I set it down, he's going to get hooked

I think we will go with Wyandottes, just need to agree on color also may try some Dark Cornish

I never thought I would be more excited over a chicken catalog than a flower one!

Bummer,
The mail lady has already came today and no little chickies today. I gotta wait 1 more day, they better get here tomorrow and I hope they are all ok.

The suspence is killing me...................I want my chicks.

Jayare

Back
Top Bottom