I just ordered 40 chicks....

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by wjallen05, Dec 31, 2009.

1. wjallen05

wjallen05 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2008
    North Georgia
    *sigh* yeah my husband wasn't too happy but oh well!! In my defense, I am selling 25 of them and we're eating 10 so really I only got 5 to add to my flock!

I ordered (from Ideal, shipping in two weeks) 25 Easter Eggers (they are on sale btw!!!!) to sell in early spring, 10 CornishX for the freezer (this will be our first meat bird experience!!) and 5 Golden Comet pullets as I've been dying for some!

YAY! [​IMG]

(and I have 13 eggs (from my flock) in the bator, plus 7 chicks in the brooder, eh...)

2. randomchick

randomchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 3, 2009
    Prescott, Ontario
    so your husband wasn't too happy with you, eh.
    Well don't worry, soon he will just roll his eyes when you make random chicken purchases.
    It sounds like my husband when I told him I was going to order 20, and ended up ordering 85. What can I say, I was on a roll.
    Or like the time I said I wanted to pick up a few more day olds, and came home with an incubator and 2 dozen eggs, and well, 10 more day olds.
    They key is to just keep up the crazy chicken lady act, and eventually he will learn to ignore it and you are free to swipe his credit card through the chickens store online all day.[​IMG]

3. wjallen05

Apr 8, 2008
    North Georgia
    I was going to order 20, and ended up ordering 85.

[​IMG]

4. paridisefarm2009

paridisefarm2009 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 12, 2009
    Hudson Florida
    Thanks for that website I looked it up I may order from them [​IMG]

5. clkingtx

clkingtx Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 1, 2009
    I was going to order 20, and ended up ordering 85.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

That sounds so familiar to so many of us, glad I am not alone!

wjallen05 - we will be getting our chicks from the same hatch as yours. I didn't order any EE, though. I got 2 standard assortments, though so maybe we will get some ee's anyway. Husbands are kind of funny sometimes. They just don't understand, I think. Mine is actually excited about getting chickens though, which I am thrilled about, since it took over two years for him to change his mind about absolutely not wanting chickens! I hope you enjoy all your chickens, and hope they do great for you.

Carrie

6. SilverPhoenix

SilverPhoenix Bantam Fanatic

Dec 15, 2009
    Penn Valley, CA
    Quote:[​IMG]

This reminds me of the time I said I was only ordering three and I ended up ordering twenty-five instead. To my credit I did not keep them all, but...still!

Chickens are an addiction. I keep saying I won't get any more, but...so far that hasn't worked. [​IMG]

7. RoosterRehab97

RoosterRehab97 Chillin' With My Peeps

Good Luck!!!!!!

8. wjallen05

Apr 8, 2008
    North Georgia
    Thanks everyone and thanks Carrie, that's sweet. I hope you will enjoy your chicks! (I know you will!) Glad your husband finally gave in. It was actually my husband that had to talk ME into getting chickens- if you can believe that!

9. adorable

adorable Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2007
    near ottawa ontario
    Quote:[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by