!!I just ordered my chicks from McMurray Hatchery!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Shkittles, Feb 28, 2009.

1. Shkittles

Shkittles Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] This morning my mom let me order my pet/4-H chicks (not market). I decided to order them from McMurray. The minimum order is 25 but we didn't want 25 (mom said that's way too many) so we foudn someone who would take the other chicks.

The chicks I choose to get are
    *3 Salmon Faverolles (females)

*1 salmon faverolle (male)

* 2 partridge cochins (female)

* 1 partridge cochin (male)

* 1 white silkie (they only have straight run so i don't know what i'll be getting)

in total we ordered 8 and we the people going in with us 17 rir. since we ordered from McMurray i decided to go ahead and ask for the free rare chick offer so i don't know what i'll be get then.

In all i'll soon have 9 chicks! they're delivery week is march 16th. 5 days before my 15th b-day. (was totally not planned)

* IF you have any advice since i'm a newbie with chickens i'd appreciate it.*

**I'll post pics once I get them**

!! I CAN'T WAIT!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

!! Thanks for reading!!

2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Congratulations.

Now you remember to come back here and post pictures, OK?

3. lisahaschickens

lisahaschickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2009
    Vancouver, WA
    Hi Shkittles,

I, too, an totally new to chickens and I got my first chicks from McMurray almost three weeks ago. I think you'll really enjoy the experience. If you would like to read about my experience with new chicks and see pictures of my chicks, brooder, coop, etc, you could read it on my blog at http:lisahaschickens.wordpress.com

Congratulations on your order and I hope to see you post some pictures and stories on here in the future! Good luck!

Also, what will you do with them for 4-H? Will you get to show them?

~Lisa

4. Comet Mum

Comet Mum Out Of The Brooder

Oct 29, 2008
    Oxford, NC
    Congratulations! I just got my 27 chicks last Sunday. They are a blast! It is amazing how fast they grow. ENJOY! (And Happy Birthday!)

5. warmfuzzies

warmfuzzies Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 15, 2009
    Boondocks, Colorado
    Oh, that is so fun! When I was sixteen I raised three pekin ducks from the feedstore, and then the next year I got six muscovy ducklings. They hatched out their own little ones, it was so neat! Now I have nine chickens and 17 just hatched with more on the way. You will get addicted!!

Get us pictures when you can!!

6. Shkittles

Shkittles Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:very nice blog! [​IMG] It's very helpful! [​IMG] I will show them I was thinking of taking 2 of the salmon faverolles as layers. And then i was planning on showing one Male in his breed class and then One female in her breed class, but i don't know which one's i will take.......I'll have plenty to choose from though! [​IMG]

7. tofuranch

tofuranch What Came First????

Dec 11, 2008
    make sure that if you have questions come and ask.....someone is going to know the answer

Congrats

8. ThePolishPrincess

ThePolishPrincess Chillin' With My Peeps

Yes, we only want a few little ones as well so I'll be ordering from Meyer's, eight of them. I can't wait! I'll be showing for the first time in June, also, so these will be my first show birds. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by