I just ordered my first set of eggs, Woohooo

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by white01, Aug 8, 2010.

1. white01

white01 Brady Brook Poultry

May 11, 2010
    West Enfield,Maine
    I just ordered my first set of silkie eggs, from jenn (jenlynn4) [​IMG] [​IMG]
    She was so nice when i asked if she could send me a mix, and she said she would...now to go by an incubator and get it all set up, this is my first ever time doing this, so be prepared for crazy questions, and panic attacks [​IMG] hehe....

2. ADozenGirlz

ADozenGirlz The Chicken Chick[IMG]emojione/assets/png/00ae.png

Oct 18, 2009
    Connecticut
    Quote:Incubating is SO fun!!!

3. white01

May 11, 2010
    West Enfield,Maine
    I am soooo eggcited, i can not wait, poor hubby, he wanted to go camping, next week for 2 weeks,but he is such a dear and now we are staying home so i can incubate hehe, thank god he is so understanding with my new found obsession hehe,,

4. mulia24

mulia24 Chillin' With My Peeps

be prepared [​IMG]

incubating is great thing in US [​IMG] while it's like in red alert of war in my country [​IMG]

5. ADozenGirlz

ADozenGirlz The Chicken Chick[IMG]emojione/assets/png/00ae.png

Oct 18, 2009
    Connecticut
    Quote:We won't tell him that the obsession only gets WORSE after you hatch your first fuzzy butts!!! [​IMG]

6. white01

May 11, 2010
    West Enfield,Maine
    k, i wont tell if you dont tell hehe [​IMG]

7. Cattitude

Cattitude Chillin' With My Peeps

Welcome to Hatchaholics Anonymous! Gather round, and tell your tales! Have trouble with Chicken Math? We can help you out. Would you like to have a cornucopia of color when you collect eggs? We're the folks to turn to! Enablers all, we'll help you satisfy your chicken cravings and provide a place where you will be safe, where you can tell all your amazing chicken stories and we laugh in all the right places!

8. white01

May 11, 2010
    West Enfield,Maine
    thank you so much, dont worry i will be asking questions hehe.....love taht you guys are the enabler hehe

9. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

Quote:Oh, lordy, isn't that the truth! I JUST completed my very first incubator hatch EVER - have five adorable little fuzzy-butts in the brooder only a day old now....
    [​IMG]

and I've just requested more hatching eggs!

I've been so annoyed with my male/female ratio in straight run bantam feed store chick purchases that I told one of my little roos this morning that I'm NEVER doing a straight run purchase again. EVER. Even if the ratio is no better with hatching eggs, the process of incubating eggs and watching the chicks hatch is SO WORTH the reality of more roos!

Last edited: Aug 8, 2010
  10. mothersin2ition

mothersin2ition Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2008
    Othello, WA
    I just set my first batch of eggs in the incubator this week also (Im on day 4). I ordered my eggs from a fellow BYCer as well, but Im down to only 4 eggs already (out of 12 shipped ones). Im so bummed, but also not going to give up even if I dont get one to hatch. This is my first time, and I'll keep at it until I get it right. Good luck to you, and keep us posted with your progress!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by