I just ordered new chicks from Ideal!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by JustChicky, Jan 3, 2009.

1. JustChicky

JustChicky Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 14, 2008
    East Texas
    [​IMG]
    Yay!

I ordered all pullets this time [​IMG]

Ideal 236
    Red Sex Links
    Ameraucanas
    Buff Orphingtons

I can't wait 'til they get here. [​IMG]

2. JudyMcKinn

JudyMcKinn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 24, 2007
    SW MO
    Hope they make it safe. How many did you order?

3. Teresaann24

Teresaann24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2008
    Eastern, Kentucky
    Congrats! I got my order from ideal wensday all out of 25 chicks I only lost one.

4. JustChicky

Feb 14, 2008
    East Texas
    Thanks! I hope you enjoy your chicks!

I only ordered a couple of each, for a total of 10. I asked them not to send me any extra males (I still have 4 walking around outside, [​IMG]) I don't need any more roosters. I just want more layers.

[​IMG]

5. JudyMcKinn

JudyMcKinn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 24, 2007
    SW MO
    Good luck with that.
    >> (I asked them not to send me any extra males) >>
    as I bet they will, anyway. I think I was told that they need a certain # of chicks in the box so they don't get shook and rolled around so much. They hold each other up if they are sort of crowded in there. Let us know if you only get your 10. I am curious if they will do this.

6. mawmaw_t

mawmaw_t Out Of The Brooder

Jul 24, 2008
    South Carolina
    Congrats! Hope they all make a safe journey to you. [​IMG]

I'm just a little jealous though, we'll be ordering from Ideal too, but not till March or April. [​IMG] That's the plan anyway. I want some now!!!

DH has decided we need to order 100 this time, so now we need to renovate & build a couple extra coops.

Let us know how it turns out for you.

7. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    yeah! new chickies! i ordered from Ideal this last year and they were easy to work with, sent what i ordered and all were healthy!

blessings for a healthy, happy flock of prolific layers! [​IMG]

8. chickenbottom

chickenbottom Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 30, 2008
    hollister, florida
    i ordered 13 and they should be here thursday or friday [​IMG]

9. 4hooves&featheredfriends

4hooves&featheredfriends Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 5, 2009
    New Hampshire
    I finished up my order yesterday with Kibby at Ideal, she says that it is crazy over there with orders.

I originally ordered 15 birds and Kibby told me that they would add 5-8 packing peanuts. So anyone ordering under 20+ should expect a little packing. I increased my order to 27 birds - yeah, I know guys I can't stop telling you all about it. OK so I am excited. I added 2 SLW and 2 Ameracuanas, plus my girlfriends chicks/ducks.

Be aware that with Ideal shipping is calculated by $1 per breed (I had 12); $7 small order fee (anything under 100 chicks); and .15 per chick for Express shipping. For me it ended up just about $1 per bird.

[​IMG] Ours won't arrive until Feb 27th as the Chanteclers won't be hatched until late Feb. I hope they put little jackets on my chicks for the trip to NH.

Keep those pics of chicks coming - it is like an IV drip for my little addiction....

10. JustChicky

Feb 14, 2008
    East Texas
    Ooooo... I am going to have to order more then. I DON'T WANT ANYMORE ROOSTERS! [​IMG]

So you need like 20 - 25 chicks for them not to throw in extra males. Yeah, looks like I am ordering more if I can.

I live in TX, so they don't charge the shipping fee, but I do have to pay the small order and quarter box fees, $11.

Last year I had to wait 2 1/2 months to get my Dominiques. But it was worth the wait, they are so sweet and beautiful.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by