I just realized i have another project started! Milli fluer cochins?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by shay20, Nov 10, 2010.

1. shay20

shay20 Shay's Flock of Fun

Jul 31, 2008
    in the wild, Mass
    Ok i am working on one project so far, makeing the frizzzled D'uccles.
    So far i have a milli fluer d'uccle and a Black Gold milli d'uccle , so far they carry like teh d'uccles.

Now, here is the other project i can start on, i mean its already started, and i did not even realize that till now! LOL
    I have 2 Milli fluers that i am cat tell yet if they will carry like the d'uccle or cochin bantams.
    what i just realized is they are half cochin bantams (well that i knew already) But what i just realized is they are milli fluers and i can cross them back over to the cochin bantams to get Milli fluer pattern cochin bantams!

What do you guys think?
    And what color do i cross back with?

Last edited: Nov 10, 2010
  2. Celtic Hill

Celtic Hill Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2010
    Scotland CT
    Quote:What variety of cochins did you use?

3. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Sorry, but I just couldn't entirely understand what you're talking about. . . So, you have Bantam Cochin crosses, yes? And they're half Millie Fluer ? And you're wanting to make such pattern? Do they resemble Cochins at all? Are they from good quality/type parents? What color is the Cochin part?

I thought there's already a project going for this. . . [​IMG]

4. Celtic Hill

Celtic Hill Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2010
    Scotland CT
    Shay started a project of frizzled Duccles by crossing Frizzled cochins with MF Duccles. Im guessing her goal is to use the F1 chicks that have more Duccle "Type" for creating the frizzle duccle. So what she is asking is what could she breed the "Cochin Type" cross to, to start a MF Cochin project as well.

5. shay20

shay20 Shay's Flock of Fun

Jul 31, 2008
    in the wild, Mass
    Quote:Yep thats correct.
    I crossed a red frizzle cochin to my d'uccles, i got some frizzled and some smooth, and some are milli fluer.

Sorry, but I just couldn't entirely understand what you're talking about. . . So, you have Bantam Cochin crosses, yes? And they're half Millie Fluer ? And you're wanting to make such pattern? Do they resemble Cochins at all? Are they from good quality/type parents? What color is the Cochin part?

Now my frizzled ones are looking d'uccle, so i am breeding those bake to d'uccle when they get older.
    The frizzle cochin bantam that i used has poor quility on the feathers on the legs and feet (which is why i choose him for the project of the d'uccles)
    The smooth babys are not great quility on legs and feet which is what i wanted in teh frizzled one to come more of the d'uccle side.

Now teh smooth feathered milli fluers are Miil fluer d'uccle cross red cochin bantams, my question is for these ones, should i go ahead and breed those ones back to the cochin bantams to get milli fluer patterns in my cochin bantams, and what color should i breed with them?

Last edited: Nov 10, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by