I JUST RESCUED A BUNNY!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by 2chicks poultry, Nov 1, 2013.

1. 2chicks poultry

2chicks poultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2013
    Othello Washington
    I know that this is a chicken cite and I love it because I have an egg laying business and I have raised and shown chickens all my life but I have noticed that over the years lots of ppl that have chickens have rabbits as well. So today I was out doin my chores for the night and it was startin to get late when I heard this horrible screamin comin from my carport so I rushed over to see what was screamin and there was my cat Eddie sittin there torturin this poor little young wild rabbit! So I rushed over to him and got the poor little thin away from him and it didnt seem hurt except for a little bloody scratch on its back. It was young and it was gettin dark and we have a lot of coyotes and racoons and owls and night hawks and stray cats thats why i was lockin everyhtin up so I took the little rabbit and got some saw dust and put that in a pet carrier and then put him into the pet carrier and then put that in the barn. I put water in there with him and some wild bird seed. I have never raised rabbits before in my intier life and I have no idea how to help him im hopefully goin to town tomarrow so i can pick him up some rabbit food then and whatever else he needs if he survives the night[​IMG] If anyone can help me by givin me some good advise please let me know! And also does he have bugs? and if he does how do I get them off of him?! PLEASE HELP

Last edited: Nov 1, 2013
  2. bugglesmommy

bugglesmommy Chillin' With My Peeps

I would personally release him in the morning if he is active and alert. You did a good thing by stopping your cat, and now you need to do another good thing- let him go back where he belongs as soon as he's able. I would handle him minimally until then.

3. 2chicks poultry

Apr 27, 2013
    Othello Washington
    Thanks I just did![​IMG]

4. bugglesmommy

bugglesmommy Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] Hopefully he's learned his lesson about watching out for cats!

5. 2chicks poultry

Apr 27, 2013
    Othello Washington
    Hopefully! LoL[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by