1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

i just saw this one

Discussion in 'Quail' started by thekid, Apr 6, 2011.

1. thekid

thekid Chillin' With My Peeps

2. jackson41

jackson41 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 25, 2010
    Wisconsin
    I just had my first hatch with a Brinsea Octagon 20 manual. Out of 30 shipped eggs 12 hatched all but 2 of the rest were not fertile and never developed. I am very pleased with with my bator. I have more eggs coming soon from a different source and will see how they do.[​IMG]

3. JJMR794

JJMR794 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2009
    BROOKSVILLE FL
    Never Been A Big Fan Of Light Bulb Heat For Incubator's Heat Source... Too Frail And Problematic As Well As Expensive To Replace And Run

4. Animallover606

Animallover606 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2008
    I have a newer version of that and it always works for me but I haven't had good hatch rates for some reason. Our last hatch on;y two came out and then the rest died but the thing is that when we cracked them oppen you could tell that they were ready to hatch but died for no reason? [​IMG]
    As for the lightbulb not working, no it really does work and you can adjust the temperture so I like this incubator. [​IMG]

5. Sjisty

Sjisty Scribe of Brahmalot

May 18, 2009
    Brooksville
    I had that incubator. It worked well for a while. The clip that holds the light bulb in place is plastic, so it melted to the point that the bulb would flop around. Once that started happening (after about the third time using it), the bulb would burn out often, making it unreliable.

6. JJMR794

JJMR794 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2009
    BROOKSVILLE FL
    THE ONLY PROBLEM I HAVE EVER HAD WITH A BRINSEA OCTAGON MODEL IS THE FAN... AFTER 20 YRS OR SO THEY WEAR OUT (WHO'D HAVE EVER GUESSED? [​IMG] ) ANYWAYS ITS A 3 MINUTE FIX WITH LITTLE OR NO MODIFICATION BY DISASSEMBLING AND REMOVING THE OLD MAGNETIC INDUCTION MOTORIZED FAN AND SPACERS AND INSERTING THE STANDARD COMPUTER FAN IN THE PLACE WHERE THE OLD FAN AND SPACER WERE... BOLT HOLES LINE UP AND EVERYTHING [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by