I just set 42 TJs Fertile Eggs! >>>>>Final Count 32!!!!

slickchik

Songster
11 Years
Mar 27, 2008
Southern California
Wish me luck. I am hoping to get 2 or 3 chicks...

The eggs were the freshest I have ever seen for their fertile eggs... only 5 days old.

I am planning on practicing my candling on these eggs so I will update this post as things happen.

EDIT TO ADD: GO TO PAGE 9 FOR THE UPDATES

EDIT TO ADD: I am broadcasting the eggs live on ustream. Not much to see right now and my computer keeps crashing when I do a live broadcast so I am testing it right now. I may have to set up the laptop for broadcasting instead of my desktop.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/g-s-chicken-cam

Last edited:
I think I may give the TJ eggs a whirl too....a cheap and easy way to get an incubator/chick fix!
big_smile.png

I HATE the 21 day wait... I just started today... but I can't wait to see what happens!! And $11 for 4 dozen eggs... come on!!! I can get some fertile eggs from my neighbor but I thought the whole TJ thing is too cool!!

Do you think the processing of the eggs will affect the hatching? That's an interesting question, haha. I know that washing eggs is supposed to affect them, even though I performed an experiment in school that shot that down, but since the cuticle is removed and replaced with a type of oil that escapes my mind at the moment, I wonder if that will affect the hatchability. Im going to bookmark this thread, Im interested now!
big_smile.png

I'm just about to start my first hatch, good luck to us both! Maybe you will be surprised with a near full hatch. Are you prepared?
tongue.png

Quote:
You doing the TJ thing too?

I am not prepared for 42 chicks!!

But they have been processed and probably roughly handled... I just want to see if I can get a chick or two...

I thought about the washing of the "bloom" off of the eggs but we will just have to wait and see...

I also candled the eggs before setting to make sure the air spaces were in the right place... Out of 48 eggs, two were on the side of the egg instead of the top.

Back
Top Bottom