I just set 71 eggs on a regrigerator/incubator i just built....Pics inside!!!

rgvchicks

Songster
7 Years
Feb 1, 2012
Roma Texas
neighbor was dumping his old refridgerator for the city to pick up. as soon as he went back inside i headed outside and dragged that old sucker to my garage and started working on it.....nothing fancy just gutted it out, added two light sockets at the bottom with 2 100 wat bulbs ...two fans i bought at the flea market....3 different thermometers....1 waffer thermolstat i bought on ebay....and boom....temp at 99-100 and humidity at a steady 33%.....got 71 eggs from my next door neighbor's farm ...hatch date march 28

Last edited:
Holy Cow!!!
love.gif
My husband just peeked over my shoulder and said, "don't even think about it"...

mu-ha-ha-ha... I may have to take a trip to the dump!!!

That looks amazing! What did you do for ventilation? And shouldn't you have a bowl of water in there for the humidity? Was it hard to cut the window in the door? I have an old dorm room size frige that i am thinking about turning into an incubator....

hello....for ventilation i drilled a several holes on top with a 1 inch drill bit........for humidity i use the dry method which has worked great for me on my last 3 hatches since feb 20....i always keep humidity at around 30%for the first 18 days and then bump it up to around 75%. I'll be adding the water container on the top shelve just above the light bulbs but that will be until day 19.....cutting the window is quite easy with an electric circular saw the metalic (aluminum i think) sheet is real thin after that is just insulation and plastic which you can cut with a knife......a friend of mine liked it and is bringing his own old dorm romm size fridge and wants me to make him one also....i'll put some pics of his bator once i start on it....thanks....and good luck in your project

That looks amazing! What did you do for ventilation? And shouldn't you have a bowl of water in there for the humidity? Was it hard to cut the window in the door? I have an old dorm room size frige that i am thinking about turning into an incubator....

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom