1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I just set my dutch banty eggs due on 27th

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by conny63malies, Feb 6, 2009.

1. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    I got the bator running smoothly at 99-100F and at 40ish humidity. So right before midnight i put a dozen itty bitty eggs in the bator. [​IMG] hope the hatching and pullet gods are in a good mood. THe last thing i need are roos only. I guess they should hatch on the 27th. Two days after my birthday. [​IMG] Now i really have to get started on the chicken tractor.

2. ginbart

ginbart Overrun With Chickens

Mar 9, 2008
    Bloomsburg, PA
    Two day after your Birthday, you should have put them in two days ago. What a great gift that would have been. Good luck with them. [​IMG]

3. conny63malies

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    They were put in the mail two days ago though if that helps.I it when they hatch on fridays so the kids cant stay up late if they want and check on the hatch progress.

4. conny63malies

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    My eggs made it the first night. I was sitting well actually sleeping on coals. My last accurite was a chronic when i came to wrong readings. So i had a calibrated outside thermometer in there and another Accurite that i bought last night at Wallyworld. I feel positive this time , they werent marked as eggs and packaged extremly well. I candeled them for cracks too and there werent any, i thought there was a loose aircell though.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by