I Just Told My Kids If They Dont Go To Bed They Will Sleep In The...

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Break an Egg, Jul 31, 2008.

1. Break an Egg

Break an Egg Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2008
    San Antonio
    GARAGE! [​IMG]

and all is quiet now

What kind of funny threats (lol) do you use on your kids?

2. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    same here, or i threaten them that they have to sleep at the house of my husbands exwife. this works especially well with my oldest aftershe has seen her in a bikini.

they are also not allowed to cross the state line by themselfs unless they are wearing purple underwear and its the fifth wednesday of a month after 5pm and no later than 5.37pm.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2008
  3. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    This was my absolute worst....best..whatever. [​IMG] We had recently moved into our new house. We had just moved back here from Alaska and I didn't have a lawn mower yet....we didn't really have a yard in Alaska. So, the grass was pretty tall at the side of the house. I told the kids to stay out of it as there were snakes and I didn't want them bit. I went back in the house. A few minutes later I look out and they were in the tall grass. I calmly walked out called them over and said....."it is Saturday. I have no desire to spend the rest of the day at the hospital. If you go bak in the tall grass and get snake bit I am going to just leave your twitching carcass laying there until the vultures take care of it"......while they REALLY did NOT believe me, they thought twice before going back. LOL Thankfully, my kids and I really understand each other and I can get by with such!!! [​IMG]

4. chickens4jojo

chickens4jojo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2008
    Upstate South Carolina
    Thought you were going to say, "The Coop!!" LOL [​IMG]

5. silkieluver_07

silkieluver_07 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. BirdBoy88

BirdBoy88 Angel Egg

Dec 26, 2007
    Maryland
    Quote:[​IMG]

Moments like that are the best [​IMG]

7. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    My kids or one would take that offer! [​IMG]

I always have to remind my husband if he makes a threat he needs to be prepared for it to be carried out!

8. DuckyBoys

DuckyBoys Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2008
    Colorado
    OMG, I'm not sure I should say??? [​IMG]

When my 18 year old was in her terrible two's and tried to throw a tantrum in the store I used to tell her I was gonna make her go outside and sit on the curb until I was done shopping.

She never threw another one. [​IMG]

My ex has two other kids under 4 and whenever the older one wants something he's not allowed he tells him it has poop on it! LOL..I laugh everytime....everything has poop on it. He wanted to go upstairs at our house once and my ex says, "No there's poop up there!" He just gets this werid look on his face, looks up the stairs, looks back at us, and goes and sits down.

Poop...who knew?

Or if he wants to eat a piece of candy he tells him it's hot (spicey)! That kid puts that candy down so fast...must've had a bad experience! [​IMG]

9. fowltemptress

fowltemptress Frugal Fan Club President

Jan 20, 2008
    When we were given our BB guns we were told we had to be prepared to eat whatever living creature we shot. I was a bit of a tree hugger growing up, so I had no trouble with that rule, but my brothers had to eat several frogs (which was fine, because frog legs are yummy [​IMG] ). It wasn't until they had to eat the mouse that they understood how serious our parents were. I hunt occasionally now, but I don't believe my brothers have touched anything other than paintball guns since that little episode.

10. Mom 2em All

Mom 2em All Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2008
    Southeast Michigan
    I threatened to auction my 10 year old off on ebay if she didn't stop aggravating her sister...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by