I just want to point something out and get it off my chest...(Rant)

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Skitz, Sep 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skitz

Skitz Skitz15k

Nov 11, 2008
    Texas
    Earlier I was depressed (and still am) because I lost my baby cousin a couple days ago. I'm not taking it very well and someone posted on facebook the least thing that I needed...an offensive and racist joke (yes you know who you are). I'm in my late teenage years and I know better than that woman who's much much older than me. If you're going to post something and you know it's offensive/racist/insulting don't post it all, please. Do it for the sake of others....I hate racist people.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2011
  2. emys

emys Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 19, 2008
    Idaho
    Sorry you are going through this! Just ignore the idiot. Rise above it.

[​IMG]

3. Carols Clucks

Carols Clucks Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 13, 2010
    Remember that they showed much more about themselves than they expected.

Sorry for your loss

4. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I am the idiot, and it did not point out ONE SINGLE group. Skitz personalized it for his own reasons. I am sorry it hit a nerve, it wasn't meant as racist at all, but more along the anti illegal immigrant line.

I am not sure if you noticed, but many of my friends are from different racial backgrounds, and there is not one single time you can say I have EVER posted a racial slur toward any one group.

ETA: I have noticed I am not unfriended, so I am really hoping you can see it for what it was - a joke about the RIDICULOUS amount of illegals here in CA. Of ALL races.

5. emys

emys Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 19, 2008
    Idaho
    I just reacted to his posted feelings. I don't know to what post he refers. I felt his hurt and wanted to support someone who was hurting. (Perhaps the idiot part refers to me.)

Maybe later when everyone is feeling better, you two could create a useful conversation about it.

6. Skitz

Skitz Skitz15k

Nov 11, 2008
    Texas
    All I want is peace... FIVE of the persons I most liked this year have died, what I else can go wrong? this year has been the worst of all and it keeps getting worse. If this keeps up I'm going to end up in suicidal watch...I've been getting so depressed that I started skipping school because of how torn I'm inside. I want to get an education, I want to be successful, I want to keep my family proud, but a guy with major depressive disorder, social anxiety disorder, schizophrenia, eating disorders is nearly impossible and posts like these make it worse. I'm fed up with it...I wish I could just go kill myself. I can't take this anymore

7. Skitz

Skitz Skitz15k

Nov 11, 2008
    Texas
    Quote:I'll be responsible for my actions and the things that my posts provoke, don't worry about it. If someone needs to get punished, I'm here.

8. JulieNKC

JulieNKC Overrun With Chickens

Sep 25, 2010
    Kansas City
    [​IMG]
    Sorry for you and your family's loss. Losing a child at any age is hard, I know.
    As far as the joke, I didn't find it anymore offensive than the blond joke you posted a few days ago. I am blond, so was my daughter who passed away and my 2 youngest. We are very intelligent (well, I have my doubts about my 2 year old sometimes) My eldest daughter is part hispanic, as is my nephew. Not trying to be rude, just thinking maybe due to your loss you are taking it a bit too seriously?
    ETA - It sounds like you are pretty upset, there are plenty of us here if you need someone to talk to. Feel free to p.m or message on facebook. [​IMG]

9. debilorrah

Quote:Honey you need to talk to someone. It is serious now, when a joke makes you all nut up inside. I am glad to see you know what your issues are, and I share a few of them with you, and you need to get some help.

Life feels nearly impossible at times. Like right now. For you and for me. We all have our issues, our bad times, but they come in circles. Talk to someone, wait it out. Life does improve. Then it tanks with new issues. Then it gets betters. Life is a roller coaster. [​IMG]

10. debilorrah

Quote:I'll be responsible for my actions and the things that my posts provoke, don't worry about it. If someone needs to get punished, I'm here.

Dude, knock it off. It was MY post that provoked YOU! Gather your thoughts. No one is going to punish you. Whether you like it or not.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by