I just went to a pet store, and the lady working was really rude...

Picklestix7866

Songster
10 Years
Feb 20, 2009
Thawing Minnesota
I'm a teenager and I walk into the pet store to get some millet spray for my parakeet, and right away this lady from behind the counter starts chasing after me and my sister. She comes up and points at me and goes "how old are you?" and I reply __ and she points at my sister and goes "and you!" and she goes ___. And she goes "I'm watching you. You better not touch anything or break anything or touch any animals or you have to pay for it." and I'm like...okay.

Then I'm looking for the millet spray and I can't find it, and my sister picks up a book and starts looking at it and she comes running and freaking out about how "if you bend the pages you buy it!". If you knew my sister you would realize how dumb this was.

The whole time was uncomfortable. I ended up just getting the seeds, paying, and leaving asap. I'm never going back. Do you think I should email them and tell them how rude they were? My friends have all had similar experiences. If you knew me, I'm not the type of person who would go around stealing stuff, and I definitly don't look like it either.

AWWWW!!!!
roll.png

ABSOLUTELY report this employee to the management. What she did is ridiculous and so far out of bounds it's unbelievable. Even if the store has had a problem with people *of any age* damaging items, it is completely unconscionable for her to behave the way she did. REPORT HER. I hope you got her name.

Yes, definitely, email them or call and talk to the manager. She may have had problems with other youth but she should not treat any customer in this manner.
The manager will never know unless they are told.
I am sorry this happened to you!
hugs.gif

I so wouldnt have bought anything from there. i would have just walked out. You should either get a hold of the manager or the company. That is just plain rude! People should not have to put up with somebody so rude. They should be informed of it ASAP.
he.gif

That was a pet peeve of mine when I was a teenager and in my early 20's. Whenever I felt like that I wouldn't buy from the store and would usually find a manager and complain. Another thing that bugged me that I complained about was when I would go in to buy something and not get service because I didn't look old enough to be serious.

Quote:
I thought about not buying anything but I was so uncomfortable that I didn't want to look suspicous. Lol. I regret it now, but my little parakeet is depressed since his mate died and I wanted to get him a treat.

Oh, and I live in a dinky little town. I can't think of any teen in my school who would take his free time to go "terrorize" the local pet store. Lol. I don't know what their problem is...

Ah hah. I just sent them this email:

Hello. I just wanted to inform you about the treatment that I received when I visited your pet store a few days ago. I walked in to your store with the sole intention of buying some Millet Spray for my parakeet when I was rudely interrogated and harrassed by the woman working at the store. Yes, I may be 17 years old but that DOES NOT make me a criminal. I have never stolen or broken anything from a store in my life! Your store is not very welcoming, and I will not be returning. I have also talked to my friend and she too has had bad experiences. My family has parakeets, dogs, a cat, a guinea pig, rabbits, chickens, ducks, horses, donkeys, and a goat. I am responsible and know how to act around animals and I do not appreciate being treated as a juvenile delinquent just because I am two months shy of 18 years old.

Thank you for your time, and I hope that you will discuss this with your employee.

Back
Top Bottom