I killed a coon with my pellet gun!!

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by pringle, Sep 18, 2009.

1. pringle

pringle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2009
    Pepperell,MA
    I was out on my deck today with my pellet gun next to me loaded with a pellet target shooting.The chickens were in the backyard too but they were not close to were I was shooting.It was starting to get dark so I started to get my things together to get inside.I hear a super loud squock from my roo and all my chickens come charging across the yard towards me.Then I see the stupid racoon,I tried to aim becouse I was so freaked out but I still shot.I think it might of been luck or somthin becouse I got him!!He kept on running a lttle bit but stumbled,fell over and laid there I shot him again in the head to make sure he was dead and I waited a few mins.After that I came over But couldent exactly find the entry of the pellet.I was using those sharp pellets and my gun pumped to its full capacity.Not bad, right?

Edited to remove personal information.​

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2009
  2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Good JOB!

3. #1California Chick

#1California Chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 5, 2008
    SF Bay Area
    Good Job!

4. pringle

Apr 16, 2009
    Pepperell,MA
    lol thx guys I guess target shooting even with a pellet gun helps.

5. pringle

Apr 16, 2009
    Pepperell,MA
    Oh and a thing I forgot to add is he killed 4of my chickens,so I was really angry at that but also I made sure to bury him when I killed him.

6. Boyd

Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    Pringle, all of my demon horde start with a pellet gun and work their way up.

Me? If I'm not using my .22 I get out my pellet gun. Bigger is better, but you forget the precision needed when you learn to shoot a pellet gun [​IMG]

Great job!

7. pringle

Apr 16, 2009
    Pepperell,MA
    I cant get a real gun becouse we live waaayyyyyyyy to close to nieghbors.But if my pellet gun doesnt scare em animals away I think my automatic paintballs gun will [​IMG] .Recently there have been these dogs in my yard but I dont want to accidently kill them with my peelet gun so il just make em nicenpretty with my paintgun. [​IMG]

8. Boyd

Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    gotta be careful though. the aspca will say thats cruelty to animals. I don't agree, but......... living in the city, ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

Any chance you can get them to eat a pound of Limburger cheese? They'll stink forever [​IMG]

9. pringle

Apr 16, 2009
    Pepperell,MA
    Lol thats what I should do or inject the paintballs with somthin nasty like old mustard or purried rotting meat and old milk. im so creative [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 18, 2009
  10. patman75

patman75 Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by