i killed an egg!!!

IWantATurbo

Songster
9 Years
May 19, 2010
Casper wy
not on purpose!! i tried candling some pheasant eggs. day 6 could not see any thing!!! but one of the eggs i picked up was cracked pretty bad so i thought it was junk. IT WAS NOT!!! very hard to brake in to. and it had its veins and you could even see it heart beat! i was a little sad that i killed it but it was very cool to see!!

this is the fist eggs i have tried to hatch and they are growing!!

Quote:
Don't feel bad..
sad.png
It happens.. I just had me second hatch last weekend and I was down to the last few eggs, sure they were done. No peeping or rocking.. I took one out to slightly open it and CRUSHED the egg.. bleeding and peeping!
th.gif

I ended up having to help the little thing out and he's still not 100% but he's alive.. for now.
smile.png
Everyone makes mistakes. Forgive yourself.

Yeah, it's not worth breaking down about it. Your going to have similar experiences. My first hatch didn't go so well so I cracked them open on day 26 and one was still alive... it died shortly after. The second time, I hatched quail chicks. I took them outside after a week and they freaked out and I accidently stepped on one without even knowing. It was dead.... So ya live and learn. Each experience is a learning opportunity. Good Luck

Oh dear, please don't feel bad!

I've got a broody that I have to kick off the nest daily to do her business and get some food and water. A couple
days ago I picked her up off the nest, started walking towards the 'run', and I hear a "SPLAT!" Looked back and
she had an egg tucked under her wing, and when I got 2 feet away from the 'coop' part of the enclosure, it fell.
hmm.png

I looked at it, and the little one already looked like a chick, but was as tiny as a dime. It happens.

hugs.gif

Last edited:
ups.. no one is perfect...

sometimes we make mistake and from the mistake we learn not to repeat it again.. (although sometime we did repeat it again.
roll.png
)

I hope the other are doing well.
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom