1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I knew I had eyes watching me! *warning spider pic*

Discussion in 'Games, Jokes, and Fun!' started by silkiechicken, Jun 26, 2008.

1. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

[​IMG]

Just looking and watching and taking care of little pets bugs on a flower. Wish the sun was out a little stronger that day, it's a bit blurry.

2. LilPeeps

LilPeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    SE Mass
    Wow, great pic!!!

3. lleighmay

lleighmay Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2008
    Woodlawn, VA
    Looks like a jumping spider- one of my favorites [​IMG] Of course, I must tell you that in the fall I drape a washcloth over the lip of my shower so the wolf spiders who come in from the cold can get out of the tub..... I've never really understood how they can climb in if they can't climb out......... Needless to say between them and the assorted snakes on the property it's no wonder half my friends won't visit until winter!!!!

4. auskittle

auskittle Cheesy Doodle Head

Jun 25, 2008
    Northern Ca
    the spider is almost cute! [​IMG]

5. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

ugh... I HATE spiders with a passion. They give me the creeps.

If they are outside, I let them be, as long as they dont try to jump on me. If they are inside my house, they get smushed.

6. happyhen

happyhen Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2008
    Northeastern Ohio
    Awesome pic! Looks like something from National Geographic [​IMG]

7. Mac Momma

Mac Momma Crabgrass Queen

Apr 27, 2008
    North Georgia
    Ya know, I am so greatful that the JUMPING spider didn't jump on your camera! [​IMG] I would have probably had to clean out my drawers. [​IMG]

8. Jolyn

Jolyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2008
    Northern California
    You must have one heck of a camera!! Don't like spiders but i appreciate the picture ALOT!!!

9. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

Thanks! I saw the little guy sitting on an iris when I was pulling some weeds and couldn't help but to snap a shot. I just have a cannon that isn't anything too fancy. It's fun to take pics close up because you can see details you can't see with your eyes!

10. Guitartists

Guitartists Resistance is futile

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    Fantastic macro!!!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] I love those little guys...except when they attack my camera! :O

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by