1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I know about egg songs, is there a morning song?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Carrie Lynn, Jan 30, 2011.

1. Carrie Lynn

Carrie Lynn Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2010
    S.E. Michigan
    In the a.m. my banty starts an egg song. Then the other 2 standard hens join in and it is awesome [​IMG]

However, this is hours before the first egg, and even longer for the next eggs (afternoon layers).

Is there such a thing as a morning song? Does the banty (highest on pecking order) fill in for the lack of a rooster's crow?

They spend nights in the garage, in a dog kennel set-up (w/ food & water), and are probably eager to be moved to their small coop.

Carrie

Last edited: Jan 30, 2011
  2. breezy

breezy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 7, 2009
    Sand Coulee MT
    I dont really know that mine have morning song but they do have the "hurry up and let us out to freerange" song going as soon as they see me. Mine make noise just cuz their up and awake and eager to see whats new in the yard and what I brought them for breakfast. Maybe yours are talking about stuff like that?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by