I know, I know, it's early, but help with Silkie gender please??!!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Cloverleaf Farm, Nov 10, 2009.

1. Cloverleaf Farm

Cloverleaf Farm Bearded Birds are Best

Sep 16, 2008
    Levan, UT
    Ok, so this one hatched August 13th, making him/her 12 1/2 weeks old right now. I am thinking that my little "Bramble" is looking more and more roo-like as he fluffs out. Wondering what all the silkie experts out there think??? I'm just too impatient to wait and see if he crows!! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I am thinking I am starting to see sickles...of course, maybe he was just outside and got dripped on!! [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 10, 2009
  2. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    Very young to say for certain, and poor photos for determining gender. Need to see a profile showing hackle area (looking for streamers and profile of crest) and also a better photo of the tail.

3. SilkieTime

SilkieTime Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2009
    Joelton Tn.
    Maybe a hen? I have one I'm not sure eather 13 wks and three days. I posted Holly too but know one wants to quess yet. I think we both have hens.

4. Cloverleaf Farm

Cloverleaf Farm Bearded Birds are Best

Sep 16, 2008
    Levan, UT
    Quote:Yeah, I know the pics are crappy, but I can only use my phone right now for pics. I will try to get better ones later. Thanks anyway!!

5. FluffyColor

FluffyColor Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2009
    Queens, NY
    Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.......................................looks like a roo from this angle....................better pics please? [​IMG]

6. Thortherooster

Thortherooster Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 10, 2009
    CA
    :lol:looks like a rooster!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by