I know I'm a boy, but what am I?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Sjisty, Jul 6, 2011.

1. Sjisty

Sjisty Scribe of Brahmalot

May 18, 2009
    Brooksville
    I got this little guy in an auction of eggs from several breeds. He appears to be lavender in color with some whiter coloration here and there. His comb is straight, his legs/feet are yellow. He is fearless and very sweet, except he bites toes! Can anyone out there tell me what he might be?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. allieloveschickens

allieloveschickens Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2010
    San Diego
    not sure on the breed (sorry not very helpful I know!) but I wanted to say he is a very pretty guy! Love his color.

3. ramirezframing

ramirezframing Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2011
    Knee Deep
    how old looks pullet to me dont know breed

4. chicken crazed 1o1

chicken crazed 1o1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2011
    Dugald , Manitoba
    It reminds me of a CornishX

Last edited: Jul 6, 2011
  5. Sjisty

Sjisty Scribe of Brahmalot

May 18, 2009
    Brooksville
    Not a Cornish X - he's lavender in color. He/she hatched the beginning of April. I would love it if he's a she!

6. draye

draye Overrun With Chickens

Nov 30, 2010
    Arkansas
    That looks rooish to me, no clue as to the breed. Looks like he is gonna be big.

7. NixNoodleNumbat

NixNoodleNumbat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2011
    Australia
    I reckon a she!

8. NixNoodleNumbat

NixNoodleNumbat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2011
    Australia
    I reckon a she!

9. EponaCapaill

EponaCapaill Out Of The Brooder

Jul 6, 2011
    Maryland
    It's hard to tell from the picture because of it's color, but it appears to me that there are some saddle feathers developing, so my guess is it's a roo. And I know you said he is lavender in color, but he resembles my Rhode Island Whites a lot.

10. mama24

mama24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2010
    GSO, NC
    Definitely a girl. [​IMG] No idea on breed, other than she is definitely NOT a CornishX. I have no idea why people on here are constantly saying any white bird looks like a CornishX. I should have taken more pics of mine to post on threads where people say maybe CornishX. Your girl is the size of a 4 week old CornishX w/ much skinnier legs. At 3 mos old, if yours was a CornishX, her legs would look like little tree trunks and she'd be so wide she would barely be able to walk! Like 3x, literally, as wide as she is! I butchered my last 2 CornishX's at about 12 weeks and they weighed 6lbs each--dressed!, and had barely any fat on them!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by