I Know I'm Nuts - Are You?

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by dogzrule5, Jul 15, 2008.

1. dogzrule5

dogzrule5 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2008
    Sanford, NC
    Last night I really just wanted to go home and mow the back yard but...

I had been worrying so much about the slight possibility of a racoon or possum climbing through the vent on one side of my barn (at the roofline) that I spent 2 1/2 hours nailing h/w cloth all along the eve. My blasted heavy duty stapler died on me (from attaching so much h/w cloth to everything) that I had to use a hammer and nails. I was up on my 8 foot ladder, precariously pounding nails till dark. I hit my fingers and thumb more than once yelling loudly into the evening, all the while Hansel and Gretel are as close as they could get just quietly watching and chattering at me.

I was dripping sweat, cursing, and the looking at them saying "I'm doing this for you".

I think we could all make some serious money by investing in h/w cloth stock!!!!! [​IMG]

2. BearSwampChick

BearSwampChick Chicken Sensei

Jan 10, 2008
    Marysville, OH
    Yeah, I think we're all certifiable on any given day! [​IMG]

3. d.k

d.k red-headed stepchild

* Well sure-- especially if we could get some of these bone-headed community leaders to lighten up on their anti-chicken biases!! Maybe that's how we oughta approach them. "Hey, look- Just vote yes and buy a few shares in ABC Wire Works, golfballs, I mean. . . Goofballs!!"

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by