I know it usually turns out to be nothing, but

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by eggcited2, Jun 27, 2011.

1. eggcited2

eggcited2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2010
    Illinois
    Am feeling nervous. Found a lump in my breast and has me a bit wound up.

Called my doctor's office this morning and they could have seen me today, but it is a 5 hour drive, so we set it up for this Wednesday. Plus, my husband has to give his work a minimum of 24 hour notice that he is going to be gone, so his work would not have let him leave/miss today anyway. They ok'ed him for Wednesday. (he works in an auto factory)

Will be glad to see the doc. I imagine she will want some sort of tests. Mammography is probably a sure bet.

2. equine623

equine623 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2009
    NE PA
    Been there, done that and I'm only 33. [​IMG] I'll keep you in my thoughts. Odds are good that it is nothing, but it doesn't help in the meantime.

3. itsy

itsy Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2011
    New England
    Anything like this run in your family?

We don't have a history of breast cancer in our family ::knock on wood:: but my aunt is constantly finding lumps. They turn out to be OK.

Think positive for now. No sense in getting yourself worked up until you've seen a doc. You're right, it's prolly nuttin' but it's better to get it checked out. [​IMG]

4. dmccann

dmccann Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2009
    darlington pa
    My Coop
    I have also been there,at 18 years old i had a lump removed,it was fatty tissue.It is a scare,every time i get a mamogram i prey,so far so good,but i have had scares tho.I will keep u in my prayers,oh yea i am now 56.Omg i am 58,lol.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2011
  5. eggcited2

Jul 8, 2010
    Illinois
    Quote:All kinds of cancer on both sides of my family. [​IMG]

6. eggcited2

Jul 8, 2010
    Illinois
    Had a biopsy about 5 years ago for bloody discarge from right breast. Thankfully it was not cancer.

I know statisically it is more likely to not be cancer, but it does make ya nervous till the doc finds out for sure.

7. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    I know! I've been thru it myself and thank God it was only a beign mass which they were fatty tissues or calified tissue mass. Went back to a six month check up, and there was nothing there...all gone. And scheduled for another six months follow up to make sure before they would let me take a yearly mammogram.

8. piecemaker

piecemaker Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2008
    Centerville Texas
    Been there done that. I am survivor since 1999 and 2001. Best thing I can tell you do not panic it does no good. There are alot things that cause bumps and lumps. Do not think the worsest think positive. You are doing the right thing by having it checked early. Just take it one step at a time. Please let us know how things turn out. I have seen alot of caring coming from this forum lot of love here even if we don't "know" each other in the tradional (sp) way.
    Good thoughts to you
    piecemaker

9. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. equine chick

equine chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2007
    pennsylvania
    I'm sending good thoughts your way.[​IMG]