I know it's an EE but is it a pullet?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by ginbart, Oct 28, 2008.

1. ginbart

ginbart Overrun With Chickens

Mar 9, 2008
    Bloomsburg, PA
    It's 22 weeks and still no eggs from them. Dang EE's [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Chickenaddict

Chickenaddict Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2008
    East Bethel MN
    EE's seem to take a really long time to start laying, at least in my experience with them they did, close to 30 weeks of age i believe. Once they start tho its 1 egg every day darn near [​IMG]
    Looks like a pullet to me

Last edited: Oct 28, 2008
  3. the simple life

the simple life Chillin' With My Peeps

Looks like a pullet to me and funny enough she looks exactly like my EE who is 27 weeks old and not laying either.

4. herechickchick

herechickchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    Memphis TN
    It's a girl!

5. ginbart

Mar 9, 2008
    Bloomsburg, PA
    It's a girl, It's a girl. I'm so glad now I just want to see an egg. 27 weeks, 30 weeks, Oh my goodness. And I can't let them out because I didn't get the fox yet. LOL BUT I WILL.

6. vermontgal

vermontgal Chillin' With My Peeps

Looks like my EE who is now 18 weeks, and I am all ready for a long wait.[​IMG]

7. ginbart

Mar 9, 2008
    Bloomsburg, PA
    If I would have known it would take this long for them to lay I would not have got them. [​IMG] Theres someone on Craigslist looking for EE's maybe I will get in contact with them. I only have 2 of them. [​IMG]

8. dastardlydeed

dastardlydeed Out Of The Brooder

Oct 23, 2008
    Hatboro, Pa
    i have EE's also, at what age can you tell sex? half of mine have a larger red crest, obviously assume they are male. but if at 22 weeks some are still not sure...should i wait?

9. Frogdogtimestwo

Frogdogtimestwo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2008
    Both my EE are laying and they have layed everyday since starting. The first was 17 weeks and the second was 19 weeks. They lay the cutest blue and the other more green eggs.
    I think it is a pullet but have to say the EE cockeral that I sold looked no different in the comb at 15 weeks than the girls and he was not crowing yet.

10. Chickenaddict

Chickenaddict Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2008
    East Bethel MN
    All i can say about the eggs is they are really worth the wait, to me anyway. As far as being able to tell when they are roosters i was able to tell at a few months old with the help of byc'ers and some pics [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by